I got two choices "asus" "msi"
    Which one should I go for or do I have any other option
    I have my eye on "Asus A8N SLI Deluxe NVIDIA Socket 939 Motherboard"
    What dou guys say about this one

My main need is stability of the machine

So, can any one help me out?
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Apr 18, 2006, 09:35 AM
    both makers makes very stable motherboards... depending on if you are planning to overclock the chip go with the least expensive option... get the board for the purpose you need it for... no sense in buying a $200 mobo when a $100 will do just fine

the A8n is a very respectable board for gamers... dual video cards 4GB capacity... $160 at newegg... probably less other places
    it received very good reviews on performance but here is a little advice... feed it with A lot of power if you decide to use a dual video card setup also the Athlon X2 series of chips are being upgraded to these newer version please read...

"Socket M2, the 940 pin DDR2-ready Athlon 64 Socket, will launch a little bit later than we originally expected with mass production just starting in late April. However, even though the launch has been slightly delayed from the original March timeframe, there is still good news for those on DDR1; Socket 939 will stick around well into Q1'07 on the performance desktop - and well beyond that for Sempron. In fact, AMD's latest roadmap goes all the way to Q2'07 with Socket 939 Sempron."

The new Pacifica enabled DDR2 processor code names expected to launch during the end of Q2'06 will be:

Windsor: Dual Channel DDR2, Pacifica enabled Socket M2 dual core
    Orleans: Dual Channel DDR2, Pacifica enabled Socket M2
    Manila: Dual Channel DDR2 Sempron, Socket M2
    The new chips will debut on NVIDIA's recently announced M2 platform, complete with MCP55 and C51XE.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2006, 01:24 AM
    I just want to give a shout for MSI motherboards. I have used two of them (both Intel models though) and they have worked fantastically. They also come with some really nice accessories (the D-Bracket is great for diagnostics).

When it comes down to it - go with the earlier advice. They are both good names and both have good features, so go for whatever price suits your budget the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search