Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommccrory Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2006, 07:13 AM
    24 volt lighting switch covers
    I just bought a house built in 1957 that has 24 volt lighting controls. The wall switches have rocker / push buttons that switch relays in a control panel to turn on / off the 120 volt overhead lights. Local electrical contractors tell me the system is obsolete and I cannot find parts.

Right now I need several cover plates for the rocker switches. There are single, double, triple and four gang switches. The rocker openings are 11/16” wide by 1 3/32” high. The mounting holes are 3 13/16” apart. The covers have “General Electric” molded into the reverse side, but no part numbers.

Can you help me locate a source for these covers?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2006, 02:05 PM
    Try this link http://www.touchplate.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

110 volt versus 220 volt mini heat pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have enclosed my screened porch to create more living space(Florida Room). I am using a single zone mini split ductless heat pump for heating and cooling. It has been calculated that I need a 12,000 BTU unit. However, most of these units are available in 110 volts and 220 volts. The 220 models...

Replacing a 240 volt outlet with a 120 volt oulet [ 1 Answers ]

We've switched to a central air conditioning system and no longer need the 240 volt outlet by the dining room window. The house was built in 1928, updated in 1957, and again a couple of ad hoc times thereafter. The wiring is at times very old, brand new or somewhat old. My guess is that the 240...

Malleable/Best-fitting Outlet Covers [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All! Would anyone be able to give me some tips/ideas/suggestions on some different types of outlet covers that work well with "rough pine log" surfaces. I have @ 20 different outlets/switches boxed within logs for a new log home and looking for some suggestions on some founded ways of dealing...

X-10 Lighting With A 4 Way Switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have an X10 dimmer module that I just got. I am currently replacing a 4 way switch. The current 4 way switch has 4 total wires. 2 wires go into the input and the other 2 go into the output. The X-10 module has 3 wires. How do I know where the 4 wires to the X-10 module go? The new X-10 module has...

Pool Covers [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best cover to use, when closing the pool to winter over in areas where freezing occurs.

View more questions Search