Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fancydoll Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Adding name to birth record and changing name years after birth.
    I need to know how to add the fathers name to birth certificate years after child is born and changing child's last name.
    chakarnis Posts: 55, Reputation: 0

Aug 12, 2008, 11:32 PM
    Whose father? Yours, your child's? Would you want to change the child's last name?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 06:06 AM
    You need to get an Application for a New Birth Certificate Based on Parentage form from the vital statistics in the state and county the baby was born in.
    If you gave the baby some other persons last name I think you have to get their permission.
    Like if you gave the baby a boyfriends last name
    If you gave it your last name it shouldn't be a problem.

It does cost to change it.
    fancydoll Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chakarnis
    Whose father? Yours, your child's? Would you want to change the child's last name?
    Yes I want to put child's fathers name on her birth certificate she is now 14 we r now married and yes it would change her last name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father's name to birth certificate [ 10 Answers ]

What's the process for adding a name to a birth certificate years after the child is born?

Adding name to birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

How do I have my name put on my daughter's birth certificate? Paternity was acknowledged at her time of birth, the mother and I were never legally married, my daughter does have my last name yet on birth certificate, yet it states 'Information not Entered'. I do not understand how it can state...

Adding the father's name to a birth certificate. [ 1 Answers ]

I am Bahamian, my child was born in New York. I did not list the father's name on the child's birth certificate. He is not american. How can I list it now.

Changing child's Name and adding Father to Birth Certificate- Texas [ 5 Answers ]

I am the father of a 3 year old son. My name was not put on the birth certificate. His mother has since died and I gained full custody through court. I had to submit a DNA to prove I was the father to get custody. My question is this, how can I get my name on his birth certificate and have his...

Adding a fathers name to birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Now that Paternity has been established, how to I go about adding the father to my son's birth certificatr?

View more questions Search