Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ms180sx Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Aug 12, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Can I get a waiver? YO status
    Let me start by explaining myself.
    I was arrested in 2004 ( march) for Criminal sale of a controlled substance, 3rd degree( cocaine)as well as posseesion. I plead guilty to one count of criminal sale, and was offered 2-6. The judge granted me Youthful Offender status, and sentanced to 6months 5 years probation.
    I have completely turned my life around, havinig been drug free since my arrest, I have also completed rehab programs. I am completing my associates degree in December, and will be eliglibe for early realease from probation at the end of this month.
    I am realisticly expecting to be released from probation by January, with 4.5 years of good time served.

I really want to join the army or the marines. I have talked to many recruters, from almost all branches of the service and have been given a run-around. They all say ask someone else. The army says no waviers for drug trafficking for profit.
    I have taken a practice asvab and scored a 79. I know I can ace the test, as I took it a long time ago and was offered any job in the services( stupid I should have went then.)

Is there any way I can join the services with a waiver or what? I have been told NY Army Guard might be best bet, but I'm looking more into full time. I don't even care about my months. Id be happy as an infantryman permantly station in Iraq. I just want a chance.

Is it possible, or do I need to get a presidential pardon or something? I might have a chance if I ask him nicely.. haha.
    Thanks in advanced

-tim-

Aug 21, 2008, 10:18 PM
    Anyone?
    Dolfan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 06:10 PM
    To be honest with u... thats a tough one because there is a zero tolerance on drugs in the military service. You will probably have to get a waiver and/or get it approved by sumone with pull. Recruiters don't even bother going through that mission on asking questions or going out of their way to hook sumbody up that they think will turn out to be a bag. They rather not deal with it. Take a look at my case from dolfan and you tell me if you know anybody that can help. I f I get any info I'll let you know
    armyguy98c10 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 08:21 AM

You can always try. They will waive a lot of things now-a-days

Oct 2, 2008, 07:10 PM

My buddie is in the marines. He talked to a guy he knows, who said when I'm done with probation that he can probably do something for me. Im counting the days, waiting for my shot.
    About to start an exercise regiment with a lot of running and cardio work. Hopefully ill be in good enough shape by then so boot camp isn't to tuff, and maybe even try out for recon. Time will tell.
    Thanks though for everyone's help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trampoline Waiver [ 3 Answers ]

I own a small day care business. We just got a trampoline. Is it legal for me to let my daycare kids use it? And if it is, where can I get a waiver form?

Trampoline Waiver [ 8 Answers ]

Hello - I purchased a trampoline for my two daughters, and of course all the neighbor children want to go on it. Can you tell me where I can get a waiver form for their parents to sign in case someone gets hurt. Thanks, Tammy

I already got J1 waiver. Then my J1 was extended.Do I need to apply again for waiver? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am on a J1 visa. I got my waiver for the 2 year rule couple months ago. But after getting the waiver, my university extended my J1 status. My question is: is the waiver still good or do I need to apply for a waiver again? We are about the start the H1 process.

Inadmissability waiver [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help with my situation I was deported 2 times from usa once for over stay and the second for trying to re enter with someone else's id they gave me a lifetime bar. I want to apply for an inadmissability waiver but want an opinon as to what my real chances are when I tried to re enter It...

View more questions Search