Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickkz1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Wiring a generator to my panel
    I was told that I can replace the front panel on my breaker box, with one that will plug into my generator. Where do I find such a panel cover?
    benaround Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 12, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickkz1984
    I was told that i can replace the front panel on my breaker box, with one that will plug into my generator. where do i find such a panel cover?
    Rick,

You were not told the truth, or there is a misunderstanding, because it does not exist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring from my house panel to my pole barn panel [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to be wiring my pole barn up soon and just need some help on the type of wire to use. In my house I have a 200 AMP service and plan on running a 100 AMP feeder from that panel to my subpanel in the barn. (Just under 100 Feet) I am going to run a 6 gauge ground, two 4 gauge...

Generator Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have a generator that puts out 5500watts & has (4) 120 volt 20 amp receptacles and 1 Nema L14-30 120/240volt receptacle. I am running a new wire to the panel so I can hook my travel trailer up. The RV requires a 30 amp 120volt receptacle. I have already purchased the wire and connectors but...

Wiring my home for a generator. [ 19 Answers ]

After a major ice storm going through and being with out power for days. I was told of a simple way to hook up a generator to my home. So I went to my trusty home store after already buying a generator. I bought the some #6 romex 3 wire with ground and a 30 amp two pole breaker and wired it...

Sub panel generator input lines required [ 7 Answers ]

Main and sub panels installed by electrician. Generator input circuit breakers installation was incomplete having no input lines to two 60 amp breakers. Connecting the generator to the sub panel via two 110v wires will power the well put but will not provide enough power to run 4 additional power...

Electric generator wiring [ 3 Answers ]

I have a DeVilbiss electric generator 5000 watt 120/240 volt @ 41.7/20.8 amp- it has a switch that connects the 240 volt . It has one 120 volt outlet and one 120 volt 4 prong receptacle. As stated , it has a switch to connect the 240 volt capability. What I want to do is make a new pannel for...

View more questions Search