Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roorider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Height of new garage subpanel
    Adding a subpanel to feed my garage woodshop. Is there a minimum mounting height? I'd like to mount it fairly low--with the bottom of the panel about 2-3 feet off the floor--but didn't know if NEC specifies a minimum height.

I panel to surface-mount it. It's an attached garage and I don't want to compromise the firewall.

Any help?

Thanks!
    benaround Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 12, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by roorider
    Adding a subpanel to feed my garage woodshop. Is there a minimum mounting height? I'd like to mount it fairly low--with the bottom of the panel about 2-3 feet off the floor--but didn't know if NEC specifies a minimum height.

I panel to surface-mount it. It's an attached garage and I don't want to compromise the firewall.

Any help?

Thanks!
    roorider,

NEC has no minimum height only a maximum of 6'7" to the top c.b. as far as the fire wall,

You are going to have to compromise it, you will need to fire caulk the penatration that's all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increasing Garage Wall Height [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Folks, I have a rather tough question: I have a garage that is 27 by 24 feet, and walls are 8 feet high. This is my workshop and I'd like to raise it up an additional 4 feet. Walls are 2x4 , I have no insulation or drywall, and the siding is about to be replaced. I just had the roof redone...

Wiring 100amp subpanel in attached garage [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to wire a 100amp subpanel located in an attached garage. I plan to use a 100amp breaker on the main panel for the supply. The wire will run though the attic ~30ft. I plan to run #4 copper in conduit unless recommended otherwise. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. J

Garage subpanel [ 5 Answers ]

I've done lots searching, and gotten some good info, but would like some specific help on my situation. I would like to run a subpanel to my attached garage. The subpanel would be a ~40' run from my main panel. From this subpanel, I'd like to power: About 10-15 120v outlets in the garage...

Increase height of garage door opening [ 15 Answers ]

The height of my garage door is 7', I would like to increase the opening to approx. 100" See pic. The top of the garage door is at 84 inches The header is 13 inches tall http://www.awedio.com/sdc/IMG_0416 (Large) (Custom).JPG http://www.awedio.com/sdc/IMG_0417 (Large) (Custom).JPG

Garage main lug only height [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, just wondering if there is a minimum or maximum height for the main lug only box when surface mounted on a wall in a detached garage? I am running 40amps, 240V service underground to the garage. THanks in advance. Regards, Steve

View more questions Search