Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cagonzalez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Replacing chandelier
    I'm trying to replace a chandelier. The box in the ceiling has a black, white, and copper grond wire.

The fixture has two double wires that appear identical, so I assumed that I should keep them both together and connect each to each wire in the box, with ground wire to ground wire.

No dice. The fact that the chandelier has two separate stems, each with two bulbs -- does that mean that the double wires in the fixture have to be separated and connected separately?
    benaround Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 12, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cagonzalez
    I'm trying to replace a chandelier. the box in the ceiling has a black, white, and copper grond wire.

The fixture has two double wires that appear identical, so I assumed that I should keep them both together and connect each to each wire in the box, with ground wire to ground wire.

No dice. The fact that the chandelier has two separate stems, each with two bulbs -- does that mean that the double wires in the fixture have to be separated and connected separately?
    Yes, Each " double wire" needs to be split, one hot and one neutral to each,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2-in-1 chandelier [ 4 Answers ]

How can I mount two different chandeliers from one existing place on the ceiling?

One arm of chandelier not working, what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an antique chandelier that was completely restored and re-wired about 2 years ago. I thought one of the 8 bulbs had burned out, however after replacing the bulb I realized the light bulb was fine, however that particular "candle" of the chandelier was no longer working. Why would this...

New chandelier is dimmed [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in my house just a few months. The previous owners had a very high tech track light over the kitchen island that had a slight buzzing sound and not very good light (plus, I just didn't really like it). Just today I just had a relative install a replacement chandelier. Guess...

Wiring a Chandelier [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old cast iron chandelier which is not wired. How do we go about wiring it for use. It will have 5 lights. Thanks!

View more questions Search