Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Your 19, living your own life, making your own decisions, and doing what you want. Just be honest with your mom, and tell her, so she can at least know the truth and can have the time to deal with it. Better you, with no stress, than come as a shock, under worse circumstances.

Your grown, so its your life, and as an adult, your actions will either bring blessings, or consequences. Either way, that's for you to deal with.
    Good Luck!
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 4, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Honestly, you don't have to defend yourself against anyone who judges you on a negative level. It just shows everyone how judgemental THEY are and closed minded. If you defend yourself it's like you're saying you're doing something wrong and OWE explanation. We can't presume to KNOW you...

People who "sum up you life" like that either don't have an interesting one of their OWN or sit in their own personal pedestal chair... looking down their noses at all the "wrong doers"... lol!

About your dilemma... It IS complicated. If you lie about having another job it's still a lie, but maybe you can buy some time. If you tell your parents that you're stripping, you might be annihilate from the family. Any lie is a lie. If lying is your choice and you say that you have a rich boyfriend... they may want to meet him. Anything other than the truth is going to catch up w/ you. Especially stripping because that does get out... I mean, what if a neighbor goes in to watch some "sexytime" and BOOM there you are on the pole! (What if this neighbor's wife doesn't care that her hubby watches strippers, and she's aware of his indiscretion, and he goes ahead and tells his wife... and she tells your parents. You are caught!

You really need to think long and hard about which path you want to take in this life. It's easy to take the easy road. That's why it's marked "easy". I think all these complications that come our way in life's journey is there to build character. It's going to add depth to who you are and who you'll become. It's not bad to choose stripping. It's bad to lie to your parents... because no matter how you try you cannot escape the inevitable, IF they should find out. Who's to say they ever will? But make no mistake... this is YOUR OWN journey. You parents can't live your life.

This is YOUR life. You make the rules and choices. Just be SURE to grow w/ every decision you make, every path you change. You're just on life's journey, like the rest of us...

P.S.: Please just be careful. The people that frequent strip bars are not always good people. Sometimes they REALLY ARE the dregs of society...
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 07:54 AM
    I don't think anyone was judgemental at all but only gave her their honesty opinons and their thoughts about stripping as you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissymarie
    Well I started dancing about 1 month ago to get some extra cash. Within the first week I made an extra $1800 working tues, thurs., fri., sat., and sun. plus I'm still working my day job. I love dancing. Theres something so liberating, playful and fun about it. It really makes me feel like a woman.

I figure if i keep dancing I could make 75000+ per year. I can't stop and don't want to stop. But my parents are huge in my life and they know something is up. I'm out so many nights a week until 230 am. I haven't called them and asked them for financial help in a while and my mother noticed all my new stuff in my apartment. I just told her I had been saving. But I can't keep the lie up any longer.

I honestly don't know what would happen if I told them. I don't want them to abandon me or be ashamed. It's really not as bad as alot of people think it is and I've never been happier.

How do I tell my parents or should I not tell them? How do I keep it a secret if thats the case?

Hi Chrissymarie - the way I see it is you aren't doing anything illegal. You aren't selling drugs, you aren't prostituting. You are an adult, you are self supporting and self reliant. People may not like your choice but it's legal and it works for you and nobody is forcing you into dancing. If you were dancing to support your boyfriend I would have another point of view but I know you are not.

Hopefully your parents love you and, while they may not be happy, don't abandon you because of adult choices you make. As far as being ashamed, well, that's pretty much under their control, not yours.

I personally would rather live with the truth and whatever unhappiness that brings than have to live a lie - and I wouldn't want to live, always afraid I'd "slip" and the truth would come out or they'd find out in some other way.

And I trust you are making every effort - as is your employer - to keep you safe from harm.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Comment on chrissymarie's post
    I am Offended by that! I am a garbage man and there is nothing wrong with it at all! I make a lot of money and I am pround to say what I do! Mostly because of the Money!
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 5, 2008, 03:42 AM
    I hope that you have an idea of what you feel you need to do at this point. You have a lot of opinions here, (maybe some judgments too, but whatever!), I just hope that it's made things more clear... let us know what you decide to do, k?
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Sep 5, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Well I've decided to continue the lie and say I have a rich boyfriend... we'll see how this goes. I'll keep all of you updated. Thanks for your help and interest in me. Mayeb I should write a book about my life... by the way the way my fiancé is back!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Just hope dad does not decide to take a bunch of the boys out one night

Sep 5, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Is the only reason you strip is because it's "so liberating"?
    NO WAY... its mostly because of the fast money.

Sep 5, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Just hope dad does not decide to take a bunch of the boys out one night
    In that case my dad would be in trouble too. He told me strip clubs are for weirdos and trust me I've picked a club he'll never go to and neither will any of his friends. It's a spanish strip club lol

Sep 5, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Chrissy, what do you think they will say?
    Mom "why why why??? this is so emabarassing! we didn't raise you to be a hoe! Oh my god? why why why???" and so on

Dad "I'm so ashamed."
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2008, 10:02 AM
    So your fiancé is back. How does he like your new job? How rich is he?

Sep 5, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    So your fiance is back. How does he like your new job? How rich is he?
    Fiancé loves my new job, I guess because we both have money now and I wouldn't say he's rich... more like wealthy? He comes from moneyHe also has money.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 5, 2008, 10:26 AM
    >Thread Closed<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend is a Stripper! [ 23 Answers ]

OMG, OK I really love her but it's really hard to deal with this stress! Basically my question is that in the end it's about my boundries right, what I can take or allow or not take? The thing is it didn't bother me until recently thou, so I am confused. She is a model also, she has a lot of...

Girlfriend is a Stripper [ 4 Answers ]

OK well this really isn't a normal scenario although having a girlfriend who is a stripper isn't normal to begin with. Anyway it makes it harder for me since I am in the military. Before I start we are both in our early 20's. I come back from being away for a 6 month deployment only to find out my...

Male stripper [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering how to become a male stripper do you apply like a Wal-Mart job or is there training involved. Is their a body type as well

Me and The Stripper.Got Back Together! [ 1 Answers ]

Me and My Ex That Has Been Broke Up about a Month Now Ended Up Bumbing Into Each-other Lastnight... At the store.. She followed Me back to my Place and we Facked Like Bunnie's The Hole Damn Night... I Love this girl!! haha She's In there Making me Breakfast Right Now..! Stripper Or not I don't...

Girlfriends a stripper [ 13 Answers ]

Ok well I'm 19 years old and my girlfriend is 26... well we've been having problems because she is a stripper... at first when she wonted to do it I told her I had no problem with it... but as it progressed I didn't like it anymore now its causing problems... weve been together a year and a half I...

View more questions Search