Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hlmatthews Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Loud New Bryant AC unit
    I just had a Bryant condenser installed and it makes a constant very loud buzzing sound when it is on. I called the service man and he said it was normal to be loud since I didn't get a new inside unit as well. Sounds fishy...
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 02:59 PM
    YEP it sounds fishy to me.

It was also stupid to not replace the inside coil because you are not running a efficient unit and it might use a bit more energy than the old unit depending upon the SEER rate and metering device.

This does not mean that the unit should be buzzing unless the refrigerant charge is off and then it could be a possibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in bottom pan of a. C. Unit, a Bryant heat pump [ 7 Answers ]

Friends, My 3 tonne Bryant Heat Pump for my house has water collecting at the bottom of the unit. I show it to mechanics and he opened coil area where he show couple of the copper coils with freze on it. He said there is a leak in one of the coil, that's why water do not go to the drain pipe but...

Loud squeaking on outside unit. [ 1 Answers ]

I got home this afternoon to a house I have owned for two weeks and the outside unit was making a god-awful squeaking noise when the fan was running. When I felt the top of the motor it was very hot. I am hoping it is just the motor but need to know if this is a job I could do or I need to call a...

Bryant unit heater [ 4 Answers ]

30 year old Bryant unit heater was working yesterday not today. I have 120 volts to the control box, the 732 pilot is still lit. so I bench tested when cold there is no continuity, after heating I have continuity. I do not know what to check next I do not have a wiring schematic. Any sdvise would...

Loud Noise from the outside unit [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a heat pump heating unit in my 6 year house. Last night I got woken up by a loud squeek/grinding type noise it happen twice in the night. It also most sounded like a belt lose or something needs to be oiled. The nosie came from the unit that is outside. I never heard it do that before....

Blower does not shut off on 15 yr old Bryant heating unit [ 2 Answers ]

The blower on my 12-15 yr old Bryant keeps going ignoring the t-stat stetting. I taught it was the t-stat, I replaced it and it still does the same thing. About a year ago the board was replaced with a newer one that has a fuse (3 amps) And was told that with the fuse it would prevent it from...

View more questions Search