Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Aug 12, 2008, 01:34 PM
    I'm madly in love. But.
    Hi all,

I'm going to cut to the chase - I am madly in love with who is in my mind the best girl in the universe. She's cute, smart, funny, sweet, and most importantly caring. I love her more than anything else in the whole world. We've been good friends for quite some time now. There's only one little problem - the boyfriend. I know this sounds bad of me, and I know that I shouldn't be in love with her. But I just can't help it. I've tried and tried again to forget about her but I just can't. Not at all. Plus, her boyfriend is a total moron. He smokes, drinks, etc. though she tells him not to. She's still very, very close to him and likes him a lot. Even still, she tells me all of her secrets, (even passwords) in full faith, which makes it clear that she trusts me a hell of a lot. She tells me stuff she doesn't even tell her bestest friends. Plus, she calls me one of the sweetest and cutest guys she knows, and that people like me are extremely rare to find. I really, REALLY love this girl and would do absolutely anything to have her. I just can't seem to get her out of my mind. When she calls me on the phone... it brightens up my whole day. She called me yesterday and I was on the verge of telling her how I felt. But I didn't. My best friend, also close friends with her boyfriend, wishes for me to have her as my girlfriend too, and says that her jerk of a boyfriend doesn't deserve her; that she would be much better with me. Please help me, she is the girl of my dreams.

Thanks,
    Wolfgang
    HeadsHigh Posts: 75, Reputation: 10

Aug 12, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Sorry dude its not your place to tell her how you feel. She's spoken for and you should respect that. Sorry but the chances are that she only sees you as a friend granted your probably a very good one but that's all you potentially could ever be to her.
    Smoked Posts: 157, Reputation: 29

Aug 12, 2008, 01:42 PM
    You realize of coarse this is one of the oldest tactics in the book? She is keeping you on hook just in case her "real" love doesn't work out.

You need to STOP being manipulated. She could be the greatest woman in the world but she is spoken for (someone mentioned it I know). That makes her off limits NO MATTER HOW YOU FEEL. Bottom line.

Be her friend, but if your feelings get in the way of that you might think if distancing yourself.
    -

Aug 12, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Thank you all for the quick replies. Hmmm, I am deeply saddened that that's the way you guys feel about this. What further disappoints me is the fact that I agree with you. See I also had a crush on her once. And I foolishly confessed it to her (when it was over) - she was cool with it, and still continued to be my friend. What I failed to mention to her was that my crush blossomed into true love. Oh man this is killing me inside. :(
    HeadsHigh Posts: 75, Reputation: 10

Aug 12, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Oh man this is killing me inside.
    You have no choice but to take a step back.. you must for your own sanity.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2008, 02:42 PM
    For your own sake, you must withdraw yourself from that friendship little by little. Its life ruining to be faithful angel to someone unavailable. Why?

1. You will be forever fantasizing but thats no t your gf,
    2. You will be jealous but you have no right,
    3. You're concern about her choices but its none of your business
    4. most of all you are closing heart but you are technically available.
    -

Aug 12, 2008, 02:46 PM
    But she means the world to me... withdrawing is not as easy as it sounds. :(
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgangqpublic
    But she means the world to me... withdrawing is not as easy as it sounds. :(
    Yes it is hard but that's what's good because she's taken. I was in your shoes (5 yrs ago) but as I said do it little by little. Start by turning down invitations, decrease talking to her; if you talk to her 7x a week make it 5 then 3 to once, get new set of friends that doesn't know her and a new hobby.
    Hippiefeet Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Aug 12, 2008, 07:18 PM
    I agree, you should step back a bit and see what happens, being further away from her might give her a reality check. I don't want to say, give up hope or your dreams, where would we be with out dreams. You know that saying? "You don't realize what you have unitl it's gone?" Some space will give both of you a chance to think and breathe. Who knows, she might come to her senses and choose you over him. I can not guarantee it, because she might really love this guy. If she doesn't choose you, then you have lost nothing...
    -

Aug 13, 2008, 01:37 AM
    Thanks a lot for the replies. I realize I'll have to either avoid her, or be her friend until her boyfriend messes up, and then maybe take it from there. Avoiding her is going to be the hardest thing to do on this world, but I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thanks for all the advice guys... :(
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 06:11 AM
    All you can do is back away, right now she has chose to be with this guy. You can't control what she does but you can chose what you do in response to it. And I think you should walk away before you end up more heart broken
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 07:31 PM
    You need your own life, and be out of hers. Do you think it has got back to her how you feel through your friends??
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2008, 01:36 PM
    How many women are you in love with? Who do you really love, your wife or this girl?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/immigr...fe-213885.html

I think we need the big picture here, did you not think we'd check your other posts?
    bigdee Posts: 132, Reputation: 20

Aug 14, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Sorry man but it looks like she looks at you as a very close friend / confidant. The reason I say "sorry" is because IMO the "best friend to boyfriend" transition is an unlikely one. Even if she breaks up with her boyfriend, chances are that she'll want you as that best friend to comfort her and not as someone that she can start a new relationship with. I don't want to say that it never happens, but it is rare so don't get your hopes up...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real love or puppy love [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if the love I feel for this boy is actually true love. The thing is that I'm only 16 and I have fallen deep for this 17year old boy. We went out for a couple of months and we still talk. He recently told me he still thinks about me and his friend tells me he still likes me. However...

I am madly in love with a straight guy [ 24 Answers ]

Hi all, Let me start by introducing myself. I am 26 years old guy. I am gay and never been with a guy. I didn't like anyone that much to be with. But for the past 4 years I am in love with my friend. He is the straightest guy I have seen - he is handsome, masculine and sexy. It is not about the...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

I am gay and madly in love with my male straight sorbordinate [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Everyone ! I need your help NOW! I am madly in love and attracted to a straight guy that I supervised on a daily basis. I am in my 30's and Junior is a virgo and in his 20's and I can't stop thinking about him. I think of him so many nights making passionate love to him, I don't what to...

I'm still madly in love with my ex [ 3 Answers ]

She broke up with me about 10 days ago after 15 month saying she loved me to death but she didn't think she was in love with me any more. I always have tried to tell her how beautiful she was and everything I could possible say. Now she's going to counseling and her counselor is telling her to stay...

View more questions Search