Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Dec 7, 2003, 03:40 PM
    Saving favorites from I.E. to disc
    Hi, Using Internet Explorer how can I save my favorites to a folder on my hardrive? Thanks, Darrel
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2003, 08:10 AM
    Re: saving favorites from I.E. to disc
    They are actually saved to your HD. If you want to create a copy for backup:
    1. Go to File - Import and Export.
    2. Hit the NEXT button.
    3. Choose Export Favorites & hit the NEXT button.
    4. Make sure the folder Favorites is highlighted & hit the NEXT button.
    5. More than likely, the computer will save your favorites @ C:\My Documents\bookmark.htm - if you do not like that directory / name, browse your system for the right directory. Hit the NEXT button.
    6. Now hit the FINISH button.
    7. Hit OK.

And these could be stored on your computer similar to: C:\Documents and Settings\[name}\Favorites on your HD.
    lassm610 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Oh Corey thanks so much. I have tried and tried to save them. But have not been able to do so. I think I understand all that you have written. I am not too puter savvy, but can do several things and should be able to follow your directions.
    Marti

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Favorites [ 2 Answers ]

How can I place a short cut on the desktop for the Favorites list?

Your favorite movies or list of favorites [ 23 Answers ]

My favorite movies would have to be the godfather trilogy. No matter how many times I see them. You just got to love them. Then I have to go with Harry Potter. Then lonsome dove series Any thoughts people.

Favorites [ 2 Answers ]

When I click on favorites, then add ,nothing appears in the folder. It does appear in favorites if a site has bookmark. I am lost.timber36.

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

My favorites folder [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I gain access to the internet (dialup) , 4 websites appear in my favorites folder. I've never accessed those websites but they appear every time I gain access to the web! Any ideas how I can prevent that from happening? Thanks for your help!!

View more questions Search