Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -Chrystalyn- Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Does My Husband Love Me?
    I was married for the second time in May of 2008. Three short months later I feel like he doesn't love me or maybe never did but doesn't want to be alone? He is often unemotional, defensive and questions my motives. He has two children from a previous marriage and I have one. His ex-wife seems to be a constant issue with us as he will often defend her and even let her bad mouth me in my own home. I am having trouble getting past these things so that we can try to have a happy marriage... any advise is welcome!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Many guys are like that and it is a part of their personality and doesn't mean they don't love you. May even be an issue that ended him divorced. BUT you need to let him know you do not want to put up with it and you want the two of you to work on the problems even if it means going to counseling. Don't just let him treat you this way.
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Aug 12, 2008, 01:46 PM
    His ex-wife seems to be a constant issue with us as he will often defend her and even let her bad mouth me in my own home.

I would suggest cu**ting him,(but only as a joke) but that's not allowed on here, that is what I would feel like doing. Of course I never would.

You should be number one in his life, not his ex-wife. Did he get the divorce or did she? That may tell you something.

If she got the divorce, he may still be in love with her... therefore he defends her... I would not put up with it for one minute.

You deserve to be loved, you have a right to expect to be number one in his life. You need to find out if he loves you, the best way is to ask him. If he says yes, then ask him why 'she' is allowed to bad mouth you in your own home. What is she doing in your home anyway?

Better to know the truth now and endure the pain then get out and get on with your life and find someone who truly loves you.

If my husband didn't defend me, even against my own children and grandchildren, I would feel offended and hurt. My 5 year old grandchild, although he was playing, was going to hit me, my husband stood up and told him, he better never hit me. Then he calmed down and explained to him that a man should never hit a woman.

I felt like a princess. You deserve to feel that way, especially in your own home.

Does he seem to have low self-confidence? Is he depressed? How old is he, at a certain age, men tend to have problems, it could be, if he is nearing 50 that he needs some medical help.

I think nohelp4u had a good idea, if he will go along with it, get counseling.

I hope you can work this out and get to the bottom of what is going on with him. Maybe she is holding something over his head, something he is ashamed to tell you about, and is afraid to stand up for himself or for you. Maybe she is overly aggressive, which appears to be the case, and he is just used to being bullied by her.

Please let us know if any of this helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm In love with someone other than my husband [ 7 Answers ]

I've been married to my husband for almost a year. We dated 5 years prior to marriage. I have feelings for another man who's also married. We've never slept together, I've just performed oral sex with him. I love my husband, but I also have feelings for this guy who just happen to be a co-worker of...

Is my girlfriend really still in love with her ex-husband? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, here is my situation... About three months ago I met a girl that I really started to like. We get along wonderfully And, as sappy as it may sound, really started connecting. I already new that she was a Mom of two children and that it had only been about four months since her and her...

How can I get time and love of my husband? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is very found of chess palying. In the night I call him for sleep but he never come and continue to play chess. I feel bad when he comes , he always ask about sex. If I deny, he get annoyed with me. I feel I have lost myself respect, I want myself to be respected by him. But how? He...

Love husband or ex? [ 21 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, I am very confused. I was married for 10 years. My husband was a great provider, we had a beautifull home, vacations, and lots of friends, but he was always out with the boys, watching games at the bar, fishing trips, or just hanging out with his buddies, I know there were no other...

Husband + Car = Love [ 6 Answers ]

I wondering if I can do anything about my selfish husband? His number one top priority in his life is his car. His health, family, friends and me come after his car. I take care of all of our responsibilities. He's always working on his car, watching his 20 car shows and on the internet reading...

View more questions Search