Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daryll25 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Pick up lines to start a conversation
    I'm 25, dated a girl for 4 years. I've now been single for 2 years. I'm not a unattractive guy, I mean I find women looking at me quiet regular. I got no problem with confidants. But I just don't no what to say to a women to get a conversation going. I'm tired of being single can anyone help with a ice breaker please!!
    daryll25 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Hi there, I don't know where to go and find out how do you get people to answer your questions. I've askd plenty and not once received a answer. Please anyone, even just say hi so I no this website is working
    Jimmyfixitall Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Sep 8, 2008, 04:17 PM
    I have found at bars the best thing to do is wear a funny t shirt that makes people comment. I know it sounds corny but I'm telling you it works. Google "funny t shirts". Good luck bro
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 04:36 PM
    My favorite pick up line was always "Excuse me, I seem to have lost my phone number, can I borrow yours?" Always worked on me. :)
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Sep 8, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Do you know Karate? CAUSE YO BODY IS KICKIN'! Lol, but seriously...

Take a class (college or something you are interested in).

Sit beside a girl you think you would like to date.
    After class, ask her "Did you get any of that?" Hopefully she will say yes. Ask for help. Set up a study date.
    As I am in high school, it works for me. Try it!

Good luck, and let us know if you find anyone, I'm sure you will!
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 9, 2008, 03:54 AM
    Sorry that you didn't get any answers at first... Nice to see that's change.

Women like authentic men. Genuine men. One-liners do NOT work... do you hear that people?!

If you're in a bar/coffee shop/school/library (etc... ) and you want to talk to some girl... go up to her and say, "Hey. I wanted to meet you. Is that ok?" That's a killer of a line because it's true. If she's not interested she'll say, "Sorry, but I'm with someone" (or something of that nature), or something to that effect. You can easily just say, "No problem" and walk away.

One-liners are tacky and cheap. Men are the only creatures on God's green earth that believe that there really is a good one out there that a will bring a woman to her knees w/ desire and longing and good fortune that you had the savvy to step up to the plate and swing your bat in HER park... LMAAAAOOOOOOO!

The winning line is an authentic and genuine one... Good luck...
    Pets Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Quote from SweetDee

Women like authentic men. Genuine men. One-liners do NOT work... do you hear that people?!
    Funny, I'm a women, they always worked on me.

One-liners are tacky and cheap.
    Some are, but there are allot of one-liners that can be used as an ice breaker, a way to meet. Nothing wrong with being funny and sparking a girls interest.
    Himynameismeg Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2008, 09:29 AM
    I can't take a guy seriously when he throws out some cheesy pickup line. Just start a conversation... if your at a bar comment on the band, usually its loud so you don't have to continue with awkward conversation... find out if she likes the band... buy her a drink and ask her if she would like to go and sit at a table or on the outdoor patio if there is one.
    If you aren't into the bar scene, take a class at a local university, go to the library, etc. I hope this has been helpful!
    sharonGilpin Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 11, 2008, 06:45 PM
    The best line is always "hi"

Sep 12, 2008, 03:54 AM
    Let me restate then... most women agree that pick up line just simply do not work...
    Pets Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 08:30 AM
    This women thinks they are a great icebreaker, but that's all, a conversation starter, a way to meet someone without being awkward.

Sep 12, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Well "this woman", (altenweg), your super sweet and forgiving. I think your very nice to not think it's awful...

Personally, I don't like pick up lines. I don't trust that a guy has enough going on in his head to be confident enough to want to talk to me if he can't muster up his first true line about what he's really up to.

As brutally honest as it is... I just do not want to meet a man who says something really dumb the first words he ever speaks to me.

I just can't see that it's authentic enough for the likes of me... (I'm WAYYYYY more forgiving when it comes to talking to women. After all.. they have no hidden agenda).
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Sep 15, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonGilpin
    the best line is always "hi"
    I definitely agree with this.

You don't need a 'pick up line' to meet women. You just need self confidence, the first meeting should only last about 2-3 minutes to get their name, number and see if you want to call them later.

One thing I have tried a lot and succeeded all but one time, is when you turn to leave after talking to them, turn back and say "hey, do you have an email address" when she says yes (90% of people these days have one) hand her a piece of paper and a pen, take her saying "yes i do" as "yes, ill give it to you". When she is half way through, tell her to put her phone number down too. Then say goodbye and walk away, call her maybe 1-2 days later.

The number one killer is putting too much emphasis on one girl giving you a number and you expecting a relationship from it. Get lots of numbers, date lots of girls, a date is harmless. The right one will emerge

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1990 chevy pick-up NO START [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 90 chevy Scottsdale 1500. 130000 miles It is running a 350 with throttle body injection. One day just quit. Brought it home and it started, lot of black smoke. Found 2 codes on the computer, O2 sensor (found broke) and temp switch (below -27 for 30 seconds at start-up). Changed the...

Pick up lines (that may or may not have worked) [ 5 Answers ]

Let's do this one for funsies. Pick up lines that you've tried and worked/didn't work... and had a good story to go with it. Don't put up random "Did it hurt...y'know, when you fell from heaven?" type ones unless you ended up drunkenly picking up your own aunt or something ;)

Can women use pick up lines? [ 10 Answers ]

How can you tell if someone is interested in you? What kinds of comments can you make to a person that let them know you like to go out with them. Are there pick up lines women can use?

Best/Worst Pick Up Lines [ 14 Answers ]

Yeah we've all been there, when a guy gives a girl THE corniest pick up line that makes even you feel embarrassed just for hearing it. I just want to know the best/worst/funniest or just plain unique pickup lines you've ever heard (so I can use them lol).

View more questions Search