Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reginadiggins Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Underpaid with an MBA in Accounting
    I am very upset and angry. I graduated with an MBA in Accounting in 2003 and I landed at this company in March of 2006 and I have not been able to get away from here. I've sent out resumes went on interviews and here I still sit. What makes it worse it my "boss" is 4 years younger than me and we graduated from the same MBA program, the same day, time and year. Here is the horror story... I am only making $38K and she makes $85K. To add insult to injury, a new contract was obtained and I was verbally promised that I would be moving up with more money. How about she recruited and hired someone from the outside and paid her $60K and this same woman has now been offered a management position. Needless to say she came in and thoroughly impressed everyone with her wonderful spreadsheets that she "borrowed" from another company with the help of a jump drive. I am so frustrated and the job market is very tough right now because believe me, I've been looking high and low. I've asked for a raise but my manager blocks it at every turn and she sabotages my work. Also, the mailhouse coordinator has NO DEGREE and he makes the same amount as me. I am angry and I can no longer hide my frustration. Is there anything I can do to force my employer to pay me what I'm worth since they take great pride and overpaying people who are less qualified and less educated!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 09:28 AM
    No, you can quit, or find a job somewhere else. It appears they either don't like you, or believe you work is not up to management par for some reason.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 01:31 AM
    If you've been there since 2006, I would assume that there would have been some performance reviews for you on an annual or semi-annual basis. Would you mind sharing with us what happened in those reviews, if those sort of things did happen?

People might be less qualified and less educated, but in the end, it's how they perform that counts!

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Hi, reginadiggins!

Thanks for the private message about your review and also further information about the way things are where you work. However, on this site, we try to keep things out in the open on the threads rather than to communicate privately so that others with similar questions and/or problems can also benefit by the answers that are given.

If you would post one this thread like you did to me in your private message, I am sure that you will get some positive and proactive responses from people trying to be helpful.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Dears, I want to know about the difference between Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting. Thanks ! Sincerely Yours, Mohammad Naim

Accounting steps for the accounting cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I think I wrote all the steps wrong can someone correct them for me thanks. List the following steps of the accounting cycle in their proper order: a) Preparing the post-closing trial balance.9 b) Posting the journal entries c) Journalizing and posting adjusting entries d) Preparing the...

How to pay underpaid FICA & Medicare [ 6 Answers ]

Due to a confusion of resident alien status, my company (on my request) did not pay FICA/medicare for the duration of F-1 OPT in 2007 (01/01/2007-09/30/2007), even though it appears that I should have paid it because I had been a f-1 for longer than 5 years and would be considered resident alien. I...

Accounting [ 3 Answers ]

On Oct 5 Install new wiring throughout the building at a cost of 30,000. It is expected that the life of the building will be extended as a result. Oct 6 Sold an old truck with the cost of 11,000 and accumulated depreciation prior to the current year of 9,600 for 1,000. Depreciation has been...

View more questions Search