Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2006, 11:27 AM
    HAHA that's totally true... I had forgotten that he had said "(even if they have a bad personality or look ugly)" lol

How quickly we are to debate over ANYTHING here... I love it!
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Apr 21, 2006, 12:02 PM
    Damn time to clean up for the weekend....I will follow up on this later. I totally love you all! So many minds, views and personalities. Its like a party but better, you arent drinking my "wine" hahaha.

Hypatia

The "real" Hypatia

DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Nice pic... by the way, I have money ;) lol
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2006, 06:56 AM
    At least you're honest with yourself and admit that you're attracted to their money and it's certainly easy to be tempted by that. Just tell yourself that money doesn't buy happiness and believe it because it's true. Keep in mind that young girls with rich parents are often spoiled and never satisfied. Do you really want to "love" that type of person? Now I'm not suggesting that everyone who's been successful is a bad person but you yourself admitted that "even if they have a bad personality or look ugly." Of course, as for outer appearances, it's always the inside that counts as I'm sure you've heard a million times before. Keep in mind also that the parents' wealth is not the girl's wealth. If you were to marry such a woman, you'd have to support yourselves on your own steam just like any other young couple starting in life ; the in-laws are not going to support you. Especially if her parents are "self-made wealthy" ; they'll expect the two of you to acquire your own wealth the same way they did. You may stand to gain a big inheritance when they pass on but that may be many, many years down the road. Contrary to what a lot of young people erroneously believe, "marrying well", as they say, is not a "get-rich-quick" scheme. Love truly does conquer all but money won't.
    rauf Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2006, 03:49 PM
    There is something alluring about wealth and power whether we like to admit it or not. At least your being honest. Being honest with yourself will steer you right.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 16, 2006, 04:16 PM
    GenomeX may want to look at what happens to the fellows who do marry into money. I grew up in one of the wealthiest communities in the states and I think Orange's post #18 was glossed over far too easily.

From what I have read, come to know of others and experienced myself directly - money is one of those lightening rod type things and ought not be taken lightly. Its for good reason its often listed in the top three things couples argue over. And its definitely a power thing.

It should be stated emphatically for the record that one does not acquire money by matrimony without a tangible amount of sacrificing a WHOLE BUNCH of other stuff in the process. Women often know this intrinsically when they marry the rich and powerful; I am not so sure about the lads.

I do know firsthand that wealth simply exaggerates all that life is - the good, the bad, the ugly and the absurd. And until GenomeX who loves the rich girls knows what its really like in the "rest of the story", he is flying blind. It is very understandable that those who don't know money imagine a world of money incorrectly - its very easy to do, which was Chava's point in her post. And many others here have voiced similar concerns, and validly so I believe.

Almost like a religion, one of the things wealth or fame teaches (among many things) is to marry your own kind, but that's not to say there isn't the occasional exception. I am one of the exceptions. It just turns out more like the movie "Arthur" than not. A friend of mine, wealthy famous rock band member, recently divorced his wife, who was a groupy he met in the parking lot. As I saw it, she never stood a chance. Sad.

I hope this offers a little different perspective, maybe one that is useful even? :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Money is there any? [ 1 Answers ]

Want to see the Federal Reserve bank president of New York admit that there is no "money"? On June 12th watch the Travel channel and see for yourself! Get your VCRs, Tivo, and all other recording devices ready!! ...

Money-- what do I do with it? [ 7 Answers ]

I am about to receive 25,000.00 dollars.I want to use it/invest to make it grow quickly but I have no idea where to begin.Any suggestions?:confused:

Money [ 3 Answers ]

Does any body know what the pay is for underwater welders may be? I am starting at the Ocean Corporation in May and was wondering how much I can expeat to earn.

In Loving Memory. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am posting this in Other Family & People, instead of Pets & Animals, because our 12 yrs old mixed breed housedog, terrior-poodle, Molly, was our "home" family. Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson live about 4 hours drive away. I am hoping this well help me, and I know my wife has been...

Money [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 23 years old I live in the countryside in South Australia, I have a girlfriend that I have been seeing for a year and 8 months I really want to win some money to get a house together, I would like to know if I will win a lot or some money to buy a house in the near future if you could tell...

View more questions Search