Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PAXVAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Extra coin in the washing machine
    Somehow a coin or other metal piece has entered into an area behind the drum (we think) and it rattles as it spins, etc. how do I get it out? And is it harming our machine? And could we still use it before we have the object removed?? Kenmore Elite Model 42932 200 type 199akp 703/wt
    daryll25 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 09:39 AM
    I had the same problem, it turned out to be the underwire of a bra. What I did was I unplugged the machine, opened the back cover and turned the drum while feeling and looking what it could be. Good luck.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 10:57 PM
    All depends on what it is and where it is. If it is truly a coin chances are that it will do no harm. To remove you will have to remove the top and take the basket out to get to the outer tub.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine makes grinding noise when washing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Performa washing machine - about 5 years old. It makes a grinding noise when washing. Spin cycle is still quiet. Any suggestions about what to check?

What makes a washing machine stop drainingthe dirty waterMy washing mach [ 2 Answers ]

My washing machine stopped draining. I have no warranty on it and I'd like to know if it's something I can take care of myself without the cost of a technician coming to my house

Washing Machine Drain- How high can machine lift H2O [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Thinking about moving the washer down in the basement but the main sewer drain leaving the house is about 2' off the floor. There is currently a sewer lift installed for downstairs toilet that complicated cutting into the existing drain for new Y. Without getting to detailed, there is an...

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

View more questions Search