Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ambdjb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Are we related?
    I have begun dating someone whom I have recently found out may be distantly related. I want to know what the exact relationship is. His maternal great-aunt married my maternal great-grandfather's 1st cousin. What is the relationship?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Sounds more like distant cousins --third cousins or second cousins once removed or something like that
    Not your first cousin
    Most states laws don't go much further than first cousins so you probably are okay.
    What state[/country] do you live in?
    gctts Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2008, 01:10 PM
    There is absolutely no relationship between the two of you. You would have to have common grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great grandparents, etc to be related. The relationship between your two families is only by marriage and as such there is no relation. Just to be sure, I input your information into my genealogy program and it too, said there was no relation when I entered you to and used the relationship calculator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How am I related to. [ 5 Answers ]

How am I related to my Brother's Daughter's Son and what do I call him (ie cousin, nephew, etc.) Also, is that changed in any way if the Daughter is adopted. I am assumed it does not change as it should not matter. I do need an expert answer, though. Thank you.

Are we related! [ 2 Answers ]

I really need help, my boyfriend just found out that his brother in law is related to my cousins husband. His brother in law is my cousins husbands cousin, this sounds so confusing but I really need help because he's paranoid that we are related and I'm heart broken because I think I'm going to...

How are we related? [ 4 Answers ]

My grandfather and their great-grandfather were the same person. How are we related? Thanks

Are we related [ 12 Answers ]

Please can you tell me if I am related to my brother in laws wife

MBA related [ 1 Answers ]

Three reasons for doing mba?

View more questions Search