Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gotscrewed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Can I lien a house
    Some 32 months ago me and my girlfriend at the time purchased a home (I am not on the deed or mortgage only her, I did not qualify for the mortgage ,but she didn't meet the income requirements,so the lender used my income to make her qualify) We split last Dec 07 and have an agreement for the disposition of the house.In this agreement it clearly states that I have given the total down payment,total closing cost and have made every payment on the mortgage(approx 30 to this date) .The house is now empty and she is playing games. How easy is it to slap a lien on this house,she is attempting to sell it out from under me.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Get yourself an attorney immediately. You have to get a lis pendens and a lawsuit filed before she sells the house.

Don't wait. Get an attorney today.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Just a point here. According to what you wrote, SHE bought the house, not you since you aren't on the deed or the mortgage.

What else did this document say? Did it agree to how to split the proceeds from the sale?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien on house [ 2 Answers ]

Hopefully I am in the right spot. Let me briefly explain the situtation, about 8 years ago,we voluntary surrendered our truck, of course they said it was repo, coundn't afford to pay for something we didn't have. Now about a year ago they sold that debt to a collection agency which they hired a...

Lien on the house [ 4 Answers ]

4 years ago I help a friend to buy a mercesdes benz cost $75,000.00 under my name .After 4 monhts she stop paying the car ,used and hide the car from me and from the company reposession. After a year she abundone the car because of registration and the mecedes benz towed it right away and sale it...

Lien on house [ 2 Answers ]

My Homeowners association put a lien on my house for unpaid late fees/atty fees. I paid my HOA fee late and did not pay the late fees and now I find out that they put a lien on house for the late fees/atty fees. My wife and I are struggling to pay our bills and our mortgage takes up our income and...

House Lien [ 2 Answers ]

I have a debt with a passed car creditor , they called me and said that they are going to put a lien on my house if I don't pay them. But the car debt was for my older sister so I can them her number and but they said they are still going to put a lien on my house but the house has two other owner...

View more questions Search