Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

Aug 11, 2008, 07:10 PM
    How to share with my other computer?
    Hi Everyone

I want to know how can I share doc and stuff with my desktop to laptop. I have big files like movies I want to sent over to my laptop. So give me in detail so do I do that.

Thanks
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 11, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Just set up a mini network. If you have a router, you have already the basis of your network.
    Just set up both computers to share, link both up to the network, and "off you go" !

Success !

:)

Aug 11, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Just set up a mini network. If you have a router, you have already the basis of your network.
    Just set up both computers to share, link both up to the network, and "off you go" !

Success !

:)
    OK... I still don't quite get it can you give me a step by step detail , I have the router set up what do I do next.

Thank a lot
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 12:12 AM
    What operating system do you have on each computer? I've had almost no success sharing drives with Windows XP Home. I'm sure they made it hard in an attempt to add value to Windows XP Pro, where I've had almost no problems sharing drives across a network.
    Software Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 12:14 AM
    BTW, the SIMPLEST way to share files between a desktop and a laptop is a USB thumb drive/flash drive.

Copy the file(s) to the thumb drive from one computer, put the USB thumb drive in the other computer and copy onto second computer. Simple.

Aug 14, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    What operating system do you have on each computer? I've had almost no success sharing drives with Windows XP Home. I'm sure they made it hard in an attempt to add value to Windows XP Pro, where I've had almost no problems sharing drives across a network.
    I have Window XP Home

Aug 14, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    BTW, the SIMPLEST way to share files between a desktop and a laptop is a USB thumb drive/flash drive.

Copy the file(s) to the thumb drive from one computer, put the USB thumb drive in the other computer and copy onto second computer. Simple.
    I have a small USB Drive but its only 4GB I want to sent bigger files so I figure why not share the computer so I can save the money the problem is I don't know how to share the computer :eek:
    Software Expert

Aug 14, 2008, 09:26 PM
    As I've said, I've never had a lot of luck with drive sharing on XP Home, but here's Microsoft's tutorial on file sharing:

How to configure file sharing in Windows XP Home

Or

Windows XP Simple File Sharing

Good luck...
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Aug 16, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Western Digital and other manufacturers make pocket USB 2.0 hard drives. Here's one that's 320Gb.

Aug 17, 2008, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vingogly
    Western Digital and other manufacturers make pocket USB 2.0 hard drives. Here's one that's 320Gb.
    I remember I seen a hard drives sell like 100-110 for 500GB , but however I like the lightweight of that 320gb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer how do I stop limewire setup dialog from popping up on my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me stop limewire setup dialog from popping up on my computer, it always pop up while I am in the middle of something

Laptop to Desktop Computer- how do I share files [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know how to setup the laptop so it can share and get files from my desktop.. I know you have to set directories to share but I can't remember how to do the whole thing. Thanks Marv

Basic earnings per share and diluted earnings per share [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: what is the different between Basic earnings per share and Diluted earnings per share :confused:

View more questions Search