Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnwi3 Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Fixed temp heat detector wiring
    I have an Edwards 195 degree fixed temp heat detector for the attic. I know it works like a switch so I just want to make sure I wire it correctly. Would the correct way be black (hot) to one side of the detector and red (traveler) to the other side of the detector?
    benaround Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 12, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwi3
    I have an Edwards 195 degree fixed temp heat detector for the attic. I know it works like a switch so I just want to make sure I wire it correctly. Would the correct way be black (hot) to one side of the detector and red (traveler) to the other side of the detector?
    John, is this rated for 120vac ? If it is what are you connecting it to ? Would it be one of

Your smoke alarms ? That's a lot of assuming on my part.
    johnwi3 Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 08:33 AM
    It is rated for 120V. It would be in the attic and connected to all the smokes in the house. I think I need a Fireex relay #497 to make it work..
    benaround Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Aug 13, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Sounds like you have it under control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No heat/erratic temp gauge [ 10 Answers ]

I own a '97 Chevy Monte Carlo. I'll try to make this as brief as I can. About two weeks ago I noticed that my warning light for high temp was lit. I was shocked because I had only been in the car 10 minutes. But then it started to go down. Then it was kind of floating up and down. Also, I...

Heat not kicking on until the temp dips below 64 degrees, target temp set to 72 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time posting here, but I figured it was a good place to start for some advice. I just bought a new townhouse a few weeks ago and have been having some heating issues since moving in. The actual furnace (Goodman GMS 8045) was installed in June of '06 while the unit was...

No heat when temp drops [ 2 Answers ]

20 year old gas forced hot air furnace pilotless located in utility room off master bedroom.works great until temp outside drops to 20 or below.can hear unit trying to fire through a series of clicks and clunks but no fire.after 5 attempts to ignite fan starts and runs continuously.I'm guessing the...

Just wanted to say thank you! (Gas Heat fixed!) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I just wanted to register for this site and say thank you for all the knowledge here. After reading through the H&A FAQ I was able to fix my gas heater and avoid paying for a service call. The problem was that the burners wouldn't stay lit long enough to get the blower started -...

View more questions Search