Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hutch917 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 05:05 PM
    What should a year old male sable collie weigh?
    My sable collie is 12 months old and weighs between 25-30lbs. He looks very skinny, but seems to eat well,is active, and has a beautiful coat. He lives outside on our six acre fenced in residence. We recently gave him a 3 day treatment of over the counter worm medicine, because I thought maybe he had worms and that was the reason he was skinny plus it had been probably 7 months since he had taken any worm medicine. We had a female collie that passed away last year (was hit by a car) that was 12 years old and weighed about 60lbs. so I guess maybe I'm trying to compare what I think he should look like.
    Thinker2255 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Aug 11, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hutch917
    My sable collie is 12 months old and weighs between 25-30lbs. He looks very skinny, but seems to eat well,is active, and has a beautiful coat. He lives outside on our six acre fenced in residence. We recently gave him a 3 day treatment of over the counter worm medicine, because I thought maybe he had worms and that was the reason he was skinny plus it had been probably 7 months since he had taken any worm medicine. We had a female collie that passed away last year (was hit by a car) that was 12 years old and weighed about 60lbs., so I guess maybe I'm trying to compare what I think he should look like.
    Ask a vet. Sounds simple, maybe even patronizing, but the vet can tell you more then most bloggers can. Call a vet's office by finding a number online if you live to far away from one to go yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

19 year old male virgin [ 15 Answers ]

OK I am 19 years old and I am still a virgin and I feel like a freak... the only thing is that no one knows I am. Everyone thinks I have had sex multiple times and probably wouldn't believe me if I told them otherwise... this makes it hard for me to actually have sex because I feel that I'm just...

My 2 year old male cat has a swollen lip! [ 2 Answers ]

My two year old cats bottom lip is swollen. It started about a week ago and has been bigger then gets smaller... It is now staying the same size. He is still eatiing and acting normal but will not let me touch or even get close to look at it. It has swollen to be over his bottom teeth. First I...

20 year old male with 17 year old female in Ohio [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is 20 and the had sex with a 17 year old girl and her mom called the cops and supposedly filed a missing persons report but she wasn't gone for 24 hours . I called her mom and she said that the girl had admitted to them having sex and took her to the hospital and the found semen...

Border Collie/Collie not eating [ 9 Answers ]

I thought I had entered this already but it never went in. Dog is a 13 and a half-year old Border Collie / Collie mix and she has suddenly stopped eating except selectively out of the hand. After a lot of battles with pills w gave up trying to give them - her slight heart problem now looks...

7 year old wonderful border collie has not eaten for days. [ 1 Answers ]

My border collie is 7 years old and all of a sudden acts like he has no will to live. He has not eaten anything for about 7 days. Not even things like pure tuna or hamburger which any dog would suck down so fast. He has lost a lot of weight and will only come to his name if you say it repeatily....

View more questions Search