Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lukes123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Failed drug test
    On probation for DUI in FLA. Took drug test last week. Probably tested positive for cocaine. They used a panel test and made me wait, but said nothing of the results. Then, they told me to dump the remaining urine in toilet, throw the cup in garbage and leave.

Would they revoke without sending the specimen off for further testing?

Assuming the test was positive, how do you think they will proceed?

Will they simply try to make me admit it?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lukes123
    On probation for DUI in FLA. Took drug test last week. Probably tested positive for cocaine. They used a panel test and made me wait, but said nothing of the results. Then, they told me to dump the remaining urine in toilet, throw the cup in garbage and leave.

Would they revoke without sending the specimen off for further testing?

Assuming the test was positive, how do you think they will proceed?

Will they simply try to make me admit it?

Sure, they can revoke you on an in-house test. Why do you think it's important that you dumped the remainder and threw out the cup?

The PO could call you in or send you right back to Court without the benefit of a "conference."

And your probation could be terminated and you would have to serve out your term.

IF you tested positive, of course.
    lukes123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 02:28 PM
    The makers of the strips recommend that a positive result be confirmed with a lab test. If the manufactors are not that confident, then maybe they would send for a lab before they threw me in jail.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lukes123
    The makers of the strips recommend that a positive result be confirmed with a lab test. If the manufactors are not that confident, then maybe they would send for a lab before they threw me in jail.

They "recommend" that - they do not require it.

Same thing with employment/licensing testing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Of course they don't send you to a lab, they will assume you are guility, they may talk to you next PO visit and warn you, or they may just arrest you at the next PO visit giving them time to have the paper work to revolk you done.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Be prepared when you show up at your next scheduled appointment to possibly go to jail for probation violation. If you do report monthly, you might "check in, but don't check out" so to speak so don't be surprised if you are held in jail until your probation violation hearing. Be prepared vs think you're going home. This is the worse case scenerio if you" probably" test positive for cocaine. What were you thinking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

I failed a drug test for oxy but haven't taken it in 6 days [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am confused... I failed a test but haven't taken it in 6 days.. on the test booklet it says out of your system in 1-3 days so its kind of hard that no one will believe me if I say that I didn't do it and it's the truth! Know what I mean? Can anyone help me? By the way the durg was oxycontin!

Did drugs overseas.failed drug test in the you.S. [ 14 Answers ]

So. I'm asking questions on a thread I never thought I'd approach. I got a friend who just got back from a semester in Europe, and while she was there, she smoked some marijuana and did some ecstasy while on one of her excursions in Amsterdam. She came back, applied for jobs and failed a...

Eye Test Failed [ 1 Answers ]

Ohio please I failed the eye test when I went to get my license renewed, they took my license but gave me a paper with driving rights until I can get new glasses and retake the test or until my birthday 2/27. We have had horrible weather here and I finally was able to get my eye test and new...

Failed Ontario Emission Test [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Toyota Pickup, 22RE I4 engine with EFI. 300Km... Good compression,no oil burning, 5 speed manual. FAILED HC Test limit 66ppm reading 209... PASSED HC Curb Idle Test limit 200/ 129 FAILED CO% limit 0.37 reading 8.34... PASSED CO% Curb idle limit1.00/0.18 PASSED NO limit 968 reading...

View more questions Search