Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ki ki Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2006, 10:17 PM
    Adding a bath
    I want to add a small bath (shower, sink, toilet) in a 2nd floor gameroom. There is a closet it can be built into but there is no plumbing nearby to connect to. Closet is on inclosed garage room wall.
    How does one go about this and what is an estimated cost.
    Thanks to all who help me out. KiKi
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 17, 2006, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ki ki
    I want to add a small bath (shower, sink, toilet) in a 2nd floor gameroom. There is a closet it can be built into but there is no plumbing nearby to connect to. Closet is on inclosed garage room wall.
    How does one go about this and what is an estimated cost.
    Thanks to all who help me out. KiKi
    Let me see. You're asking us to lay out a job with absolution no information or details as to the drainage. Without even knowing if this is on a slab or if you have a basement. The information that you're asking for can only be obtained if you furnish us with a detailed drawing of what you have and what you want. To give a estimate we would have to be on site to do it. In short, your question can not be answered with the details that you have provided.
    Give us the details we need and we'll answer ASAP. Regards, Tom

Apr 17, 2006, 11:08 AM
    Adding a bathroom
    Mr. Speedball replied to me with a rather harsh tone. I am a female whose husband is in Iraq and I am not educated in building or construction at all. I did not know what info was needed.
    I want to add a bathroom with a sink, shower, and toilet into a closet area. I can put this bathroom up stairs or downstairs on a slab foundation. Both of these areas are next to the garage. I do not need an exact amount. I was wondering an appx cost of the plumbing and whether it is best to put it in up or downstairs closet. I have friends who can help with the wiring, flooring, etc.
    There are no other bathrooms close to this area to run the plumbing into. I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Ki Ki
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 17, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ki ki
    Mr. Speedball replied to me with a rather harsh tone. I am a female whose husband is in Iraq and I am not educated in building or construction at all. I did not know what info was needed.
    I want to add a bathroom with a sink, shower, and toilet into a closet area. I can put this bathroom up stairs or downstairs on a slab foundation. Both of these areas are next to the garage. I do not need an exact amount. I was wondering an appx cost of the plumbing and whether it is best to put it in up or downstairs closet. I have friends who can help with the wiring, flooring, etc.
    There are no other bathrooms close to this area to run the plumbing into. I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Ki Ki

Hi Kiki,

I'm sorry if my asking for details disturbed you, but since you have still failed to furnish any the best advice I can give you is to call in a plumber that can answer your questions on site. As a rule when we are asked about rough ins we are furnished with all the details such as where it will be installed, What pipes are in place to be connected to and the code limitations on pipe sizes, vents, fixture placement etc. Sorry Kiki but your question's too vague to frame up a satisfactory reply. As for a estimate, I don't know of any plumber in the trade that will give, even a ball park figure, without first looking the job over for faults and problems he might run into.
    I wish you well and while I do not support this war, as a combat vet I most certainly support and respect our troops. I sincerely hope you have your husband home safe and sound very-very soon. You have my heartfelt wishes on that. Regards, Tom

Apr 17, 2006, 09:49 PM
    Thank you Mr. Tom. I do appreciate your advice. And thank you for your kind wishes. KiKi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some help with venting, moving toilet adding bath [ 9 Answers ]

I am moving my toilet to the other side of the bathroom, and adding a tub. My bathroom is very small 5' X 7' and I only have one existing vent. The vent is 2" in the wall and is 3" coming out of the roof. Anyway, I was wondering if this piping plan would work, or if someone has a better way to do...

Revent 1st floor fixtures when adding attic 1/2 bath? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, thanks ahead of time for any help you can offer. My house is a cape cod. I'm converting the attic into master suite with half bath. (yes, I had it checked, I have egress/access/structural support). My question deals with reventing. It is my understanding that all current vents have to be...

Adding a shower to half bath*rough-in question [ 24 Answers ]

Here's the deal... I am going to be adding a shower to an existing 1/2 bath in my basement. The toilet is vented up out of the slab on the other side of the wall,in my utility closet, makes about a 4' run into another wall where it ties into the lav. /washing machines' drain. the lav./washing...

Adding new bath to concrete slab [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We just purchased a home in L.A. built in the 60s that has a concrete slab construction. We want to add on a master bath to the house but I don't know how we would tie into the plumbing lines in this kind of a foundation. Do they actually pour concrete onto the pipes when the foundation is...

Adding another sink in bath [ 1 Answers ]

I am going from a single sink in the bath to a double sink. They will be on the same counter as the old one. Will it be possible to branch off the single water lines and run it to both sinks. Also can I run the drains to the single drain all ready there.

View more questions Search