Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Armstrong10 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Reward offered!
    This is an off-the-wall question. There is a song on the 1993 NBA Championship video featuring the Chicago Bulls. The songs starts when the Bulls and Suns are about to start their series. It's a mix between an Enya song and an instrumental. But it's NOT Enya. I have no idea what does that song. It's driving me crazy. I literally signed up on the site just for THIS question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Is this the song?

YouTube - NBA on NBC full length theme

NBA on NBC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roundball Rock is a theme song composed by John Tesh and used for the NBA on NBC from 1991-2002. NBC played the song 12,000 times during their run, and Tesh claims that he made in the six figures from royalities each year it was used. When ABC took over broadcasting rights for the NBA, they chose to compose their own theme music instead. This song was sampled by Nelly for his song "Heart of a Champion" from his album, Sweatsuit. It is currently the theme song to "Let's Play Two! Sports Talk with Joe and Mikey", a popular internet radio show.[1] NBC used the music for commercial bumpers during their coverage of basketball at the 2008 Summer Olympics.[2]

####edit: sorry was trying to be helpful was hoping the link had the name of the song you were looking for.
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Friend4u178 agrees: Balancer... she was trying to help you , Geeeez!!

Yeah me not knowing anything about Basketball I figured I would keep looking it up until I got the right one but since I got more than a NO that's not it I figure why look any further.

Aug 12, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Is this the song?

YouTube - NBA on NBC full length theme

NBA on NBC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roundball Rock is a theme song composed by John Tesh and used for the NBA on NBC from 1991-2002. NBC played the song 12,000 times during their run, and Tesh claims that he made in the six figures from royalities each year it was used. When ABC took over broadcasting rights for the NBA, they chose to compose their own theme music instead. This song was sampled by Nelly for his song "Heart of a Champion" from his album, Sweatsuit. It is currently the theme song to "Let's Play Two! Sports Talk with Joe and Mikey", a popular internet radio show.[1] NBC used the music for commercial bumpers during their coverage of basketball at the 2008 Summer Olympics.[2]

####edit: sorry was trying to be helpful was hoping the link had the name of the song you were looking for.

Friend4u needs to relax. I didn't say or mean anything mean in my disagreement.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 08:16 PM
    I live in the Chicago area and could call someone tomorrow (Wed.). The Bulls office and John Paxson? MJ? Dennis? Tell me who to call. And I'm a librarian, so could get all the librarians in the greater Chicago area involved in this.

Aug 12, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Man! People on this site are too sensitive and sarcastic. I only asked a question, yet I'm the bad guy. Why? Because I clicked "disagree?" Big deal. The answer was incorrect. Why would I agree with an answer that's wrong? Feel free to report me. This site is useless if people like you are trying to help.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong10
    Man! People on this site are too sensitive and sarcastic. I only asked a question, yet I'm the bad guy. Why? Because I clicked "disagree?" Big deal. The answer was incorrect. Why would I agree with an answer that's wrong? Feel free to report me. This site is useless if people like you are trying to help.
    How will I report back to you? Here or in a PM?

One of the rules here is to be able disagree if it is a fact thing, but not if it's a opinion. We know you are new, and are glad you are here to give us work to do.

Aug 13, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Thank you. A PM would be the best.

As for my disagreement, it is a fact. I know the John Tesh song, and that's not the song I'm talking about. That's basically what I said in my disagreement and the other two users were acting like I attacked them.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 08:02 AM
    I really don't care about the disagreement but it does feel a bit discouraging when you could do a follow up post instead saying No that is not it and even ask if I could possibly try again.
    When people ask for songs it can be really hard looking the right one up and it can take a few tries.
    Like you wouldn't believe how many people post
    The song is an oldie and it goes like this
    La, la, sho bop de boo and that could be any number of oldies

Also for future reference the disagree button on AMHD is to use more for harmful or misleading types of replies like someone would give on the medical or legal boards here so I don't even know why many of the boards even have the rate answer button.

I am not mad or anything about the reddie just got discouraged cause I DID say

Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Is this the song?
    Wondergirl will probably find it before I do.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 09:37 PM
    Is this the song (at the beginning, during the early part of the intro, before the Bulls' theme song)?

YouTube - NBC Intro 1993 NBA Finals Bulls at Suns Game 1
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 09:43 PM
    I didn't hear a song and I think he said it isn't the finals but the championship.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2008, 11:35 PM
    I think he wants the Lost World version of "The Theme from Jurassic Park."

YouTube - John Williams conducts the theme from Jurassic Park

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got my judgement reward what can I do now? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I just get my judgement reward on the mail today about my claimed last 2 months ago. And I went to the dependants to claimed my reward he said wait until 30 days upon the letter. Is that true that I need to wait for 30 days to collect my reward money? This is regarding to my small...

Bank reward (interest) for referring a friend [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, If you file 1040NR, can you exclude the reward for referring a friend to the Bank from Income? This is reported on 1099-INT as interest, account type gift/reward. Or do you have to include it as taxable interest. Thanks, Tanya

Dissertation tittle based on peformance management and reward [ 1 Answers ]

I want to do my dissertation on performance management and reward but I am stuck on choosing an original dissertation tittle. Please can you help me out and give me some ideas for dissertation tittles and topics:confused:

Full refund offered, What about what they put me through? [ 2 Answers ]

Iwas finally offered the full price I paid 9 months ago to Home Depot for a laminate floor installed in my condo. Day after day problem after problem chance after chance they failed. Anything that could be screwed up was. When after phone calls and so many different people to tell what's happening,...

View more questions Search