Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DYI white rd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 04:13 PM
    220 line for stove/range
    I am a DYI'er trying to run a 220 line for the stove/range to the breaker box.

New codes are 4 lines for dryers - stoves included? Pos,negative, nuetral & ground? The 3 prong outlet where does the ground wire go?
    Does it matter which side the red or blck go on?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 15, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Use 4-wire receptacle. Red and black are the hot, not positive and negative. Both 120 V just in opposite halves of cycle. No, it does not matter which goes to which side. White is neutral.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stove gas line repair [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've recently acquired a 2 year old stove"brand new" but the main gas line of the stove has a crack in it right where it connects to the gas supply line, is there any way to cut this piece off and connect the gas supply line directly to the stove.

220 line for stove [ 1 Answers ]

How do you hook up a 220 line to a stove?

Stove gas supply line sizing [ 4 Answers ]

I am ready to install the last leg of gas line that will supply a 30" free standing gas range. The supply to this leg so far is 3/4" black iron. It seems to me that, given what's readily available, the most efficient valve and flex connection line combo are both 1/2". Since I have not yet found a...

Gas line rough in placement for stove [ 2 Answers ]

This may not be a plumbing questrion so feel free to re-direct me in necessary. I am in the early stages of a kitchen remodel and need to plan the placement of the gas range gas line. I cannot find any rough in info to where this should be. Is there a standard, guide or rule of thumb for where...

View more questions Search