Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GW28 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2008, 12:37 PM
    I think I might be in some trouble.
    Okay,

I have been in a relationship with the greatest girl for almost 6 years. I love her dearly and she loves me like there is no tomorrow. I don't know where I would have ever been without her. We have a great relationship and are best friends.

Now here comes the problem... I was married before my girl and I met. My ex wife and I still talk and are pretty good friends (we never see each other in person because we live in different states). Anyway, my ex and I have been talking a lot recently because my current girl and I were having some problems. I found out that she is still very much in love with me and she's not shy on letting me know this either.

I still have some feelings for her of course because of our past, but the problem is that I don't know that I really want her to feel this way about me. Yeah, we had a lot of good times and were very close... even when we got divorced, she was just beside herself because she couldn't understand why we were doing it.

I feel confused and I don't like it. I tried everything to get her to see that I have moved on and she should do the same... I mean, six years is a long time to stay stuck in the past. When I say that I have tried everything, I mean everything... I have ignored her comments about it, I have been avoiding her IM's and even went as far as to tell her to leave me the H alone... I just don't know what to do anymore. If I think about it, I do love her still, and we were together for almost 5 years prior to getting married... I think I am just confused about this because my current relationship was in some trouble recently and we're working on fixing the things that went wrong... I just don't know what to do anymore... I have been avoiding her for the last 8 days and she's still pretty persistent about it.

Any ideas or comments?
    Thinker2255 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Aug 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
    -----------
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Have you ever told her that your just friends and nothing more? If you have and she's pushing the issues still then I think you should keep doing what your doing. She might be jealous about your new relationship and probably waiting for a problem to arise so she could take her chance at another shot with you.

All relationship have problems but as long as your can pull through them you can survive. Is this the only relationship you had since your divorce?
    GW28 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Oh, believe me... I'm not kidding myself about this. I remember exactly why we parted ways before... the girl that I'm with now is nothing like her and doesn't mind if I come in after a hard day at work and just chill out without saying anything to her... so believe me, I don't think in a million years it will work. She doesn't really know what is going on with my relationship now, she just knows that we had an argument.

I did indeed tell her that we were just friends and I want nothing more than that. She's psyco though.

Aug 10, 2008, 01:09 PM
    ------------
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2008, 01:23 PM
    I don't think it's uncommon for some people to remain friends with their exes, as long as no lines are cross. He stated he been with hi girlfriend for 6 years and only brought up her feelings after he most likely went to her for advise but instead she confessed her feelings for him. He was confused at first but decided to work on his relationship and has stop all communication from the ex for the past 8 days but she still being a pest and won't take the hint after he told her their nothing more between them. That's what I got from the post and response to sum it up. To the op continue having no contact with her. At least she live another state so don' have to worry about her showing up at your door since she is psycho.

Aug 10, 2008, 01:44 PM
    If she is bugging you to the point of insanity, given your current stress level, change some things. Block her number for a while and change your email. Little things like that. As liz pointed out, thankfully she lives too far away to have to resort to a restraining order.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2008, 03:35 PM
    You should have ended the contact years ago, and kept her out of your business. Do so now, and don't respond to her at all. You left the door open, and now you must close it for good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get in trouble [ 18 Answers ]

Can a 17 year old boy get in trouble for datin a 14 year old girl

STILL boy trouble [ 3 Answers ]

soo, pretty much i have liked this guy since summer. and we hooked up a bunch of times, over the past 2 months EVERYTHING has changed. everyone was telling me he was going to ask me out. that didnt happen.. he hooked up with another girl and we talked it out.. but know we only occasionally...

I'm In Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

I visited my aunts house and my parents camed we me too. My aunt was brestfeeding her daughter in the bathroom.I didn't know she was in the bathrrom because I was playing football outside I felt to pee but when I opend the door I saw my aunt with her shirt off and her 24c boops showing.I raned...

I'm having some trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I think that this question should be under this category. Well anyway, I'm 18 years old and a virgin, I have this girlfriend and whenever we're together she turns me on but I have trouble getting an erection, is it normal for me to have this problem? I mean, with college and everything else in...

Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Your parents put equal annual beginning-of-the-year deposits of $1,200 into an account earning 8% per year from the day you were born until your 18th birthday (a total of 19 deposits). How much money is in that account today?

View more questions Search