Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illmatic Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Going back to school
    I stopped going to school the first 2 months of softmore year .Im going back to school this year.I don't like to talk in class such as presentations,reading aloud,so on so on. Do you think if I requested to my guidance consoler that if I could not have to participate in class,and teachers won't call on me out of the blue she would approve and help me out.do you think if I got a note from some kind of therapist or doctor I would be able to not particpate in class.of course ill do the work and tests and homework.do yo think this is something I should talk to my teachers about.school starts soon and I have to make a decision soon. Does anybody know anyway that I can avoid participating in class??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 10:49 AM
    You have to realize that at your age MOST kids feel the same way and the purpose of teachers having you do things such as presentations for the specific purpose of getting adjusted to it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Move feel this way, but no being part of the class and doing things like this is expected and sometimes part of the grade depending on the class.
    You can speak to the couselor who may have some ideas on helping you over your fears.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Asked my daughter for her thoughts on this one (just graduated from high school)... many kids have the same difficulty. She suggested consider taking it in small steps... she doesn't really enjoy it either, unless it is a subject she really likes.
    Her thoughts: The longer you put it off, the more difficult it will be. Talk to the counselor, but talk to the teachers as well, perhaps with the counselor. They will more than likely help you out with it... but probably be more receptive if you are willing to try a little here and there instead of flat out refusing to participate. Maybe working with other students in a small group for a project or presentation where you don't have to speak at first, just be part of it. If it is a topic you are comfortable with, and know a good deal about, you may start answering a couple of questions from other students and so on.
    It is one of those things that you may never be very comfortable with, many adults don't enjoy speaking in front of others (I know a fellow teacher who is perfectly at ease in front of her class and with parents, but gets very anxious if she has to speak in front of the other teachers, to the point of getting an upset stomach, and avoids it whenever possible... even though the times she does speak, she does a fabulous job!). You may get to where you are at least OK with answering questions once in awhile when called on.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2008, 01:39 PM
    If your fears were such that you dropped out of school ove rit I think you would need ot see a doctor for it.
    Have your parents talk to the school and then follow up with a doctor, this may be something that the school has to help you out with.

Where my children attend all types of provisions are made for students.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School grant to go back to school [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single 48 yr old lady and I don't have mean to just go back to school but I work as a nursing asst but would like to know how to go back to school is there any grants that will help me do so?

Want to go back to school [ 3 Answers ]

2 yers ago i was arrested for felony assult on a police officer i was intoxicated and have never been in trouble before i live in a small community and feel the charges were unjust i desperatly want to further my education .becuse of this felony witch there was never any time served in prison i...

Want to get back in school [ 3 Answers ]

I am 30 yrs old, and makee too nice money, but have bad credit and I want to go back to school. I need as much grant info as possible. I have been accepted to Devry and it's about $22,000 a year.

Trying to go back to school [ 1 Answers ]

How can I apply for financial aid if I'm a felon?:confused:

View more questions Search