Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    banana0217 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2006, 04:51 PM
    Sick of black hair
    I dyed my hair black back in October and I'm really getting bored with the color. I want something a lot lighter for the summer such as a light brown or a blonde but I don't know how to get rid of the black. It had faded a lot but not as much as I want it to and I know I can't dye a lighter color over it so what do I do?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 17, 2006, 11:24 PM
    Banana0217, do not try to color your hair yourself. It is difficult to lighten black hair to blonde without turning it red or orange. Since you have a permanent color on your hair, a color remover product is needed to remove the dye. I recommend that you see a professional. They will be able to remove the color and pre-lighten your hair to a yellow stage, then apply a toner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black Hair [ 8 Answers ]

I have long, thick, curly hair, which is naturally a honey blonde colour. I've had it black for the past 2 years or so, and I've decided I'd really like something different. Basically, I would like to have the top half of my hair still black, and the bottom half an electric blue or hot pink...

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

Dying your hair black [ 17 Answers ]

I'm considering dying my hair black but I've heard that it's unhealthy in some ways. I was wonderinf if any of you know if it's harmful?

Tired of Black Hair Dye [ 16 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for 6 years now. I have been every color of the rainbow, bleached and dyed and chopped all the way off. My natural color is a dirty blonde and when I let that grow I ended up dying it again. The only color I never dyed my hair was black until January 1st 2006. Since then I...

Black hair issues... [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: here's my black hair deal: always used semipermanents near natural light brown until I did all but the extremes-blonde and black... I did blonde and it was fine because I dyed over it and it fixed but then the black didn't come out... I died it about... january...

View more questions Search