Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    batchele Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Forensic blood typing -- history
    In or before 1984, could blood typing be successfully done on a four-year old sample of blood taken from the trunk of a car? The blood would have been soaked into either the trunk-lining fabric or in particle fiber board underneath the fabric.

I'm writing a piece of fiction that involves a murder and the use of blood typing to clear an innocent man.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2008, 11:14 AM
    This link may be helpful to you.
    History of Forensic Science
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 15, 2008, 09:34 AM
    The dried blood sample could still be tested for blood t ype (as well as DNA now).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forensic science [ 4 Answers ]

I am a writer of crime fiction: at the beginning of my story, a young woman is raped and held down by another. Her partner comes home and is attacked (knocked unconscious). One of the attackers then slit's her throat. Her partner is charged with her rape and murder. He escapes at his first court...

Forensic Dentistry [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any forensic dentists here?

Blood typing [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take for blood to dry?

Forensic auditing [ 1 Answers ]

How do I obtain a forensic auditing qualifications,what must I study to obtain it?

Forensic investigation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a few questions When might a latent fingerprint be permanent ? If iron is the catalyst for tests that detect presence of blood, what compounds might give a false positive test? Will the test for blood work only for human blood or will it detect animal blood? What Characteristics...

View more questions Search