Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    midwestmom Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Are all psychics really witches, black or white wicca
    I have been reading a lot lately on witches because I think my neighbor may be one. She doesn't like me for some reason, but the more I read up on them, the more I wonder if I may be. How can I find out? By the way, I never considered this before. But my Aunt used to read Tarot, read calendars (moon and stars) and have an understanding of wicca but I don't talk to her anymore
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Aug 10, 2008, 07:34 AM
    No. Most are performers.
    nains Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2008, 08:53 AM
    My daughter has been a medium physic since the age of 3, she is now 18 and not only still talks to people who have passed over, she also reads tara, and holds a great reputation, I beg to differ with the answer that these people are performers...
    If this lady is a witch next door to you then befriend her, wicca is not evil it deals with nature, time and space. ( we all deal with these elements everyday does that make us all witches. )
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 05:50 PM
    No all psychics are not witches but many psychics do get into witchcraft.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Aug 12, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    No all psychics are not witches but many psychics do get into witchcraft.
    You're right about that, NoHelp. A lot of good Christians born with psychic gifts turn to the New Age or other pathways because traditional Christianity doesn't have a good training program for them. Which surprises me. The Catechism of the Catholic Church makes clear that Catholics believe in miraculous gifts or "charisms" of the Spirit. If they believe it, why not do something about it, and have a St. Augustine's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in every major city? ;)

Ok, they probably wouldn't call it that, but I was analogizing to Hogwarts.

Cheers!

Alder
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 05:07 PM
    No because witchcraft in any sheep skin is still evil in the eyes of the church because of the real power it is calling on, no matter what they wish us to believe. But yes even the Catholics have and do use the gifts of the spirits but sadly many chiristians leave their faith and go to bad spirits because these spirits lie of course and claim to be good.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alder
    You're right about that, NoHelp. A lot of good Christians born with psychic gifts turn to the New Age or other pathways because traditional Christianity doesn't have a good training program for them. Which surprises me. The Catechism of the Catholic Church makes clear that Catholics believe in miraculous gifts or "charisms" of the Spirit. If they believe it, why not do something about it, and have a St. Augustine's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in every major city? ;)

Ok, they probably wouldn't call it that, but I was analogizing to Hogwarts.

Cheers!

Alder
    I agree with Fr_Chuck as far as that the Churches do not get into psychic/paranormal things because the Bible says witchcraft, séances, necromancy, fortune telling, astrology and some other things are forbidden by God. The Bible is okay with dream interpretations, word of knowledge, prophecy and iffy on numerology. For [most] everything that God created Satan has a counterfeit.
    That is why I do not do the astrology and numerology as far as telling the future but only as character traits ( I think that is called birth chart) and if you are in a one year or a two year - to nine year and some things like that for the most part.

Many Christians believe in the Christian God and yet they have *psychic* type abilities which the Church preaches against so rather than going to Wiccan or something else they have turned to the New Age movement.
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Sep 9, 2008, 11:45 AM
    I find this rather funny. But who are the first people to run to a psychic... Christians... almost and I say almost all the people I have ever read for have been Christians. They don't believe in it and they think it is evil but boy they are knocking down the door to get a reading when something happens. LOL... :eek:

Sep 19, 2008, 08:18 AM
    ONLY true witches
    So, I had a question awhile back about witches because I was curious of my neighbor. I started doing internet research ( which seemed to be a little wishy-washy) I feel like so many pieces of my life are coming together and making sense with a lot I have been reading. I am not looking for a PLACE to belong, I am just very curious of my new and latest findings. Here are some and tell me what you think, PLEASE? My husband and I met in a way that should have never happened, we both keep seeing numbers in double and triple digits (him=11's and 7's) (me=3's and 6's also 2's) We puchased a home together which was never lived in and it has a hexogram (8 sided star) in the entry with inlaid wood, I thought it was interesting so I had the design carved and acid stained in my basement. (which was like a couple years ago) We have 3 cars, all black, and purple flowers surrounding the entire house. I think I'm crazy because for over a year now, I have been seeing face images in EVERYTHING, tiles, wood, carpet, wallpaper, steam,etc. I feel bad I was asking about my neighbor, the idea was planted into my head. My question is... do I stop here or is there more to be discovered. Is this my calling or am I making this out to be more than what it really is? Who can I turn to if this is real? Please no negative comments and no haters of witchcraft. Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestmom
    So, I had a question awhile back about witches because I was curious of my neighbor. I started doing internet research ( which seemed to be a little wishy-washy) I feel like so many pieces of my life are coming together and making sense with alot I have been reading. I am not looking for a PLACE to belong, I am just very curious of my new and latest findings. Here are some and tell me what you think, PLEASE? My husband and I met in a way that should have never happened, we both keep seeing numbers in double and triple digits (him=11's and 7's) (me=3's and 6's also 2's) We puchased a home together which was never lived in and it has a hexogram (8 sided star) in the entry with inlaid wood, I thought it was interesting so I had the design carved and acid stained in my basement. (which was like a couple years ago) We have 3 cars, all black, and purple flowers surrounding the entire house. I think I'm crazy because for over a year now, I have been seeing face images in EVERYTHING, tiles, wood, carpet, wallpaper, steam,etc. I feel bad I was asking about my neighbor, the idea was planted into my head. My question is....do I stop here or is there more to be discovered. Is this my calling or am I making this out to be more than what it really is? Who can I turn to if this is real? Please no negative comments and no haters of witchcraft. Thank you

I think this should be combined with the earlier psychic post about witches instead of being posted in spirituality.

Same subject as before.

Sep 19, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Witches (real witches) take a look
    So, I had a question awhile back about witches because I was curious of my neighbor. I started doing internet research ( which seemed to be a little wishy-washy) I feel like so many pieces of my life are coming together and making sense with a lot I have been reading. I am not looking for a PLACE to belong, I am just very curious of my new and latest findings. Here are some and tell me what you think, PLEASE? My husband and I met in a way that should have never happened, we both keep seeing numbers in double and triple digits (him=11's and 7's) (me=3's and 6's also 2's) We puchased a home together which was never lived in and it has a hexogram (8 sided star) in the entry with inlaid wood, I thought it was interesting so I had the design carved and acid stained in my basement. (which was like a couple years ago) We have 3 cars, all black, and purple flowers surrounding the entire house. I think I'm crazy because for over a year now, I have been seeing face images in EVERYTHING, tiles, wood, carpet, wallpaper, steam,etc. I feel bad I was asking about my neighbor, the idea was planted into my head. My question is... do I stop here or is there more to be discovered. Is this my calling or am I making this out to be more than what it really is? Who can I turn to if this is real? Please no negative comments and no haters of witchcraft. Thank you

Sep 19, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Witches only
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 09:48 AM
    You see faces because you're human. Humans have dedicated circuitry in their brain for sensing faces, because that's how we form bonds with other humans - Our faces display the largest amount of difference between individuals, so we have developed very good face recognition to tell people apart. Some people are born without this part of their brain, or lose it in an accident, they can't tell people apart from their faces, they normally learn how different people sound or the types of clothes they wear etc. it's an interesting phenomenon, anyway... You can see faces in anything you want if you look hard enough. People have seen faces in the craters on the moon (hence man in the moon) for centuries, and more recently on mars (the famous Cydonia Mensae). You often hear stories of people seeing the shape of Jesus in their morning toast or the virgin Mary in warped glass, this is all the same phenomenon, the extraordinary ability of humans to notice faces, people, and to read familiar scenes into random noise. Same with repeat numbers. Humans are very good at finding patterns, even when there is none. It helps us to remember things and to make sense of our world.

The only reason you notice these things so much is because you're looking for them. How many times do you see numbers that aren't repeats? I'll be willing to wager that if you're honest with yourself then it's a lot more often than the repeat numbers, but you disregard them because they're not significant to you. Whereas you've associated some significance (as we all do) with repeated numbers, so you remember those occasions preferentially.

I'm not entirely sure why you think this falls under witchcraft either. (You posted in physics by the way, the study of the physical sciences.. ). To me it is a psychological phenomenon that we all deal with, but it seems like you've latched meaning onto these things a little more strongly than most. Seeing faces in things and repeat numbers happens to all of us every day, it's just that most of us shrug our shoulders and move on - it's part of being human.

I hope this helps, even if you don't agree with me that it's inconsequential.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 10:13 AM
    I agree with Capuchin, I see faces in everything, clouds, mud puddles, spaghetti sauce - whatever. It is amazing what you find when you take time to notice.

Sep 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
    This seems to be quiete a good explantation for the numbers. I posted the same question is psychics and spirituality also.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 19, 2008, 10:23 AM
    >FOUR Threads Merged<

Please stick to ONE thread per issue rather than reposting the same thing over again in different places.
    Also moved from Physics (science) and other boards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Color TV is now black and white only [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba 55" Theaterview Television that is approx. 5-6 yrs old. Suddenly out of the blue(no pun intended) it has no color. Picture and sound quality are same, just shows black and white only. Have tried 'reset' in the menu options with no luck. Am I missing something really easy and...

Wires red black and white [ 14 Answers ]

I took off the dryer receptical to wire a 250V. 20A electrical receptecal. There are a black white and red. Do I assume the red is green because it's the only wire that doesn't match the directions. Red seems hot though no.

Black Bra/White Tee; White Bra/White Tee [ 17 Answers ]

Do you girls usually wear a black bra with a white t-short or do u wear a white bra with a white t-short? Or yellow tee w/ a black bra? Share. I don't get it

Old black and white movie [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out the name of an old black and white movie of a little girl who is evil. She ends up killing a grounds keeper and a classmate because she wanted his award?

View more questions Search