Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gloriapoppy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Eviction notices
    Can a landlord evictied you without warning?

Aug 9, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Can a landlord evicted you without a warning even if you paid your rent on time every month?

Aug 9, 2008, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gloriapoppy
    Can a landlord evictied you without warning?
    Can a land lord evicted you from your apartment even if you paid your rent on time every month I don't bother anyone I am never at home most of the time and when I am no one would that I am. I was given a sixty day notice with no explantion as to why.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 10, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gloriapoppy
    can a land lord evicted you from your apartment even if you paid your rent on time every month I don't bother anyone I am never at home most of the time and when I am no one would that I am. I was given a sixty day notice with no explantion as to why.
    If you have a written lease and the term of the lease has not ended, then you cannot be evicted for no reason.

If you do not have a written lease then you are a month-to-month tenant. In most states the landlord can terminate your tenancy with 30 to 60 days notice and they do not have to give you a reason.

Tell us your location. Maybe your state is one of the exceptions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you think he notices me? [ 1 Answers ]

He is very handsome.. we cross paths all the time at the lobby, but I don't know him yet.. When we eye contact, he will always hold eye contact and never looks away.. I always end up looking away first or down, because I am shy and feel uncomfortable looking at him for too long.. BUT 1st time...

Evictions and notices [ 1 Answers ]

What is the next procedure after a 3 day pay or quit is served

Eviction notices [ 6 Answers ]

We received a 5 day eviction notice the other day the landlord stated that an apoligy from a non-resident would clear it.she then give us a thirty day notice without just cause.is this leagal?

Virginia eviction notices [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how to write a virginia eviction notice.

View more questions Search