Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wvchris81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Possible daughter
    I recently found out I may have a 6 1/2 yo daughter. Her mother told me that the child was not mine and then when we separated she married. She was married at the time she gave birth. Her husband is on her birth certificate and has raised her and their six other children their whole life. The mother recently contacted me and told me that the girl may be mine. She asked if I wanted a paternity test and I gladly said yes. Before we got the test done her and her husband decided that it was better if I stayed out of her life. They no longer want the test.I don't want to cause trouble in their family but I can't just walk away from a child that may be mine. After almost seven years and him being established as her father legally I don't know if I have any rights to force the issue or what my options may be. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    IntroducingEmy Posts: 87, Reputation: 12

Aug 9, 2008, 10:14 PM
    This is a difficult situation. First of all, it's different in every state it seems. Without knowing what state you're in, you could have every right or almost no rights at all. Also keep in mind that you do not want to stress out this child in the middle.

If you do find out you're the father, what will you do with this information? Will you challenge the court for visitation or partial custody? Do you think your daughter will understand or be able to emotionally handle this information? Or will you simply live with the knowledge privately?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2008, 07:36 AM
    As pointed out we need to know what state you are in. After we have that information you will get plenty of good answers dealing with the laws of paternaty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Why would my daughter hit me [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter tried to beat me up she is 23 and married and lives at my mothers house the fight started over me asking her to clean up her mess she got mad we started arguing and she hit me and pulled chunks of my hair out it took her husband and my brother to grt her off me.how do I handel this why...

My daughter [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 9 year old daughter I raised her all her life when she was for her mom came and took her, now I can't see her cause of her dude ,what can I do about that, I went to court and they put a restraining order, cause he says he fears me what dooes that have to do wit my daughter, what had...

Mom and daughter [ 4 Answers ]

BACKGROUND: Most of the time Stacy (54 years old) goes ALONE to the 99 cent store to buy the clothes. Sometimes she will go with her mom (in her 80‘s). When Stacy goes by herself she always comes home with the gorgeous stuff (items from Talbot’s, Old Navy, etc) and her mom loves the stuff that...

How to help my daughter? [ 5 Answers ]

My Daughter is eight years old and in a very bad situation her mother is not taking proper care of her. She sometimes forgets to feed her before school. My Daughter is talking with a social worker. Is this A good thing? I had her in in counseling but could not afford to keep it going. Her mother...

View more questions Search