Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BonnyGirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Medical Bills and Charitable Associations
    My daughter of 32, has been in and out of Mental facilities along with hospital visits for surgeries in the last year and a half. She has not been able to hold down a job because of her mental situation and has numerous hospital bills coming and doesn't have medical insurance nor does she qualify for it. Do you know who we can turn to in the state of Maryland that can help her with her financial difficulties such as Charitable Associations or something of this type?
    Deperate for answers!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Has she ever applied for social security disability and welfare medical assistance?
    The mental facilities should also be able to tell you of any grants such as Hill Burton or whatever. Catholic Charities or the Salvation Army might even be able to refer you to places.
    Why doesn't she qualify for medical insurance?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 08:05 PM
    As a adult, and I would assume unemployed and with no money, they should be getting state welfare which would include a medical coverage?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Much Do I have to Pay of My Medical Bills each Month [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have been told that if I am struggling to pay off medical bills all I need to do is send them something each month and there is no repercussion with the courts, i.e. they can't sue, garnish, etc. as long as I am sending them something. Is this true? Thank you.

Medical bills [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my husband was hospitalized and I had out patient surgery. We have good insurance, but between the 2 of us, we have 9 different balances/co-pays coming in to pay in 30 days. We are not able to do this and are currently in bankruptcy. I want to send what I can each month to each...

Medical Bills [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 54 year old disabled person. I am currently receiving Social Security Disability and have Medicare A (B?) and D. It is the part not covered by Medicare that is killing me, I am now over $1400.00 in debt . There is no way I can ever pay even a little of this as , just to pay rent, food, gas,...

Medical bills [ 15 Answers ]

About a week ago my son was injured when a horseshoe hit him in the nose. He was standing slightly behind me, more on the side of me. We were standing about five feet form the peg in the ground, on the receiving end. His grandfather was the throwee and it richoted off the peg and around me and...

Medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Can A Collection Agency Sue Me For Medical Bills If It Is Already On My Credit Report?

View more questions Search