Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuttynita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 05:04 PM
    My Maytag dryer squeaks!
    Hello! I would like to know how to stop my Maytag dryer (model no. DE303) from squeaking?
    At first it just squeaked a little, but now it squeaks constantly, and the noise is getting louder. Can someone PLEASE help? Thanks much! Anita
    marcie123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttynita
    Hello! I would like to know how to stop my Maytag dryer (model no. DE303) from squeaking?
    At first it just squeaked a little, but now it squeaks constantly, and the noise is getting louder. Can someone PLEASE help?? Thanks much! Anita
    The bearings that support the clothes drum maybe dry. If so, appling a lubricant will quiet the noise.
    waverider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 08:17 PM
    This could be caused by a number of things

Depending on the model I have a maytag SDG450DAWN the Model # is In the load door . In the front

1. The rear roller they have baring when they freeze up there is no movement in the barring and it melts the plastic center out.
    2. Front glides could be worn out the sit in the front between the drum and the steel frame I will give a link at the end
    to get parts if you are ordering on line or if you are in O.C.CA I know a supply in Garden Grove
    3 The Belt Pulley by the drive motor or the belt it's self could be worn
    http://www.partselect.com/PartDetail.aspx?Inventory=73937 - on line shows glides about 12 bucks
    in O.C. Ca. http://www.ocapsupply.com/ OCAP 1-800-464-4155
    waverider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 08:21 PM
    This could be caused by a number of things

Depending on the model I have a maytag SDG450DAWN the Model # is In the load door . In the front

1. The rear roller they have a baring when they freeze up there is no movement in the barring and it melts the plastic center out.
    2. Front glides could be worn out the sit in the front between the drum and the steel frame I will give a link at the end
    to get parts if you are ordering on line or if you are in O.C.CA I know a supply in Garden Grove
    3 The Belt Pulley by the drive motor or the belt it's self could be worn
    http://www.partselect.com/PartDetail.aspx?Inventory=73937 - on line shows glides about 12 bucks
    in O.C. Ca. http://www.ocapsupply.com/ OCAP 1-800-464-4155

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clothes dryer squeaks [ 5 Answers ]

So how do I know if it is the belt or pulley? And is it easy to change?

Maytag Dryer squeaks loudly [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older (10+ years) Maytag dryer (model number LDE8200ACE) and had it serviced in the past 6 months. Since then it has begun to squeak, loudly. At first it would squeak right away but stop soon after. Over time it squeaked more and more, and now it squeaks, to varying volumes, the...

How to stop dryer squeaks [ 2 Answers ]

My gibson dryer is squeaking how do I stop it?

GE Profile dryer squeaks [ 2 Answers ]

My GE dryer squeaks. I thought it was the belt, but it fits tightly. It is so hard to get in the back were the roller is to see if that is the problem. Am I wasting my time trying to find the problem and fix it myself or should I call for help?

Kenmore Stackable Dryer/Washer Dryer Squeaks [ 1 Answers ]

We have developed a squeak in the dryer. It does heat okay and clothes are tumbling well. I went online to get the schematics of the dryer drum, but would not know where to start as parts are numbered and not named. Help:confused:

View more questions Search