Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelcake12 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Family issues
    Okay.
    I am really not liking my life right now.
    Every time I am gone from my house.
    Nobody can do Anything for their selves.
    No I'm serious.
    I'm only 13 And I stay home all day and Watch an 19 mont old kid.
    I do laundry , clean my mothers room & my sisters.
    I sweep and Vacuum,Swiffer do the dishes.
    I have to move every single piece of furniture so I can swep under it.
    Its stupid.
    And I also Cook dinner every day.
    When My sister and her husband come home they jump right in the shower , eat dinner and then Go to sleep.
    YeH I Know they work all day and Whatnot.
    But They have no Idea Wha my life is like.
    As soon as school starts I have to be homeschooled so I can Watch my niece but along With The house cleaning I also have to do Six hours of school work.
    And I don't find it fair whatsoever.
    I used to get paid for it like $100.00 A week (not just that amount est.)
    But I added it all up And Im only getting Paid less than $ 1.25 an hour.
    And now they don't even Pay me!!
    And I have only spent the night at 2 peoples houses this whole summer.
    So I asked if I could tonight And My mom Was like NO.
    I asked why And she's like because I said NO.
    I really Really hate my stupid Life.
    It's not fair.
    I always do What Im told.
    But I get Screamed at for everything.
    Like one time My moms dog Had a messed up eye From a fight with another dog And My mom gave me a busted lip for it.
    She said she was sorry liked three days later when My friend Asked me about it in front of her.
    She said That The dog scratched me.
    Which was A total LIE.
    And its not cool when My siser leaves a big mess in the kitchen (shes 20)
    And I get in trouble for it.
    Now tell me.
    Do you think this is fair??
    (not all of what happens in my life)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 06:15 PM
    It does sound like they are putting too much on you.
    I am not sure what you can do about it since it is your mom and she can make the rules.
    She should realize that you are not Cinderella and should not be treated as such.
    angelcake12 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2008, 01:41 PM
    I know.
    I just Wish it wasn't so hard you know.
    I already told her as soon as I'm old enogh toleave.
    I will and I mean Really really Far away.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 10, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcake12
    I already told her as soon as i'm old enogh toleave.
    I will and i mean Really really Far away.
    That's one of the BENEFITS of what this terrible family is doing to you. They are insuring that you are fully capable of and eager to survive on your own. It's sad, I know, but it is the positive side of this bad coin.

Since you're homeschooled, you can also accelerate your classes and finish early, WAY early. Many places will allow 14 year old employees to do some work, like office work, typing, filing, answering phones, etc. Some 15, but by 16 you'll definitely have a real job, right?

If you finish your schooling early, you'll be ready to move immediately. Plan now, enjoy the planning.

Meanwhile, you should consider asking firmly for some monetary compensation for the baby sitting. Housework doesn't count, everyone has to do that, but only do your fair share. But the babysitting should earn you a set $ amount per hour... or per day. But agree on something or complain to someone outside your house.

Meals, you don't HAVE to cook for everyone. Just make sure there is stuff for sandwiches or soups, and make yourself some. Everyone else can make their own. Become an expert at meals where you only really do half the work, they have to finish.

"What's for dinner?"
    "I don't know, I think there's some sandwich stuff in there. Have a look."

"What's for dinner?"
    "I washed some vegetables so you can make salads with whatever you like in it, bottom shelf of the fridge."

Lastly, never lie. Don't lie to anyone, and definitely don't lie FOR anyone. And you should probably give everyone fair warning you're going on an honesty policy. Let them know they probably shouldn't say or do anything to you they would be embarrassed for others to know about, because it could happen. You aren't lying or covering for people anymore. "Just a headsup, everyone..."
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Yeah I agree with JB there is a positive side to how you are treated because it is teaching you independence, maturity and good qualities. You need to learn to do the best you can and be content in it rather than grudgingly or it makes it more of a chore.
    Also I know that many times in my life when I couldn't stand a job and I would complain to my supervisor why they pushed me so hard and got on me for missing one little streak on a mirror or whatever yet they didn't say anything to the girls that left the bathroom walls look all urine stained they would reply 'we expect more from you'. Which I don't think was right at all but it did make a point to me anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family issues [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have been married for 13 years, have 2 children, and am an education professional. In Feb, my MIL, my husband, kids, his aunt, uncle, cousins, and their son flew to Disney to have a family vacation together, and with husband's brother. We were all excited, not only to go to Disney, but...

Family issues [ 1 Answers ]

Here's my dilemma. My father in law past away in Dec 05. Before he passed he stated to the mother in law that my husband would get 1/2 of the house she agreed. We did not pursue anything just waited to see what she was going to do. Well in about 13 months she has blown through about 95k. She came...

Family Issues [ 16 Answers ]

Okay here goes a long story. Hope you are all ready for it. When I was 17 years old I left home. I had a baby sister at the age of 4 when I left. There was many problems. Many fights. Many things that led me to leave home. I went very very far away. I came back to visit a few times. ...

!family issues! [ 7 Answers ]

I lives with my b.f and his family for almost 3 years now that I am pregnant they decided to kick me out but my b.f is with me 100% he has this sister who is 22 and I'm only 17 she has been stealing my clothes underware and bra's... and also the mother I have been giving her money weekly is there...

Family issues [ 5 Answers ]

Is It Normal For Family To Give You Up To Children`s Ade And Now That I Am 20 And Have My First Apparment They Want Something To Do With Me What Does That Mean ::

View more questions Search