Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nahb714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Purchasing abandonded homes
    What is the process for purchasing an abandoned home for the purposes of tearing it down to do something more productive with the property? :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 06:35 AM
    First every property is owned by someone, they are just not being used.

So what you do is find the owner and buy it from them. Often they are abandoned and not used because the owner is wanting far more than it is worth, but sometimes they have went back to the government for taxes and sometimes tied up in estates where several people will not agree on selling.

So you go to the county court house and find out who owns it, the recorder of deeds office. You go to the property tax office and see who is being billied for the taxes and if the taxes are paid up to date.

If the county has taken them for taxes, then they will be sold, ormally once or twice a year at auction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting step son; mother abandonded [ 3 Answers ]

The father and I are not married, but we have lived together and have two other children in our relationship. Our oldest son came with dad and mom abandonded 6.5 years ago. She calls him once in a while and that is about it. She moved to CT and has stayed there ever since she left. She has not...

Purchasing abandoned homes [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a way of purchasing homes that at least look abandoned? Is there a place I can go to and find out who the home belongs to?

Changing homes [ 1 Answers ]

I have had custody of my older boys 20 and 17 almost 18 for all there lives. WE have joint custody, but I have physical custody. My 17 year old who will be a senior this fall and will be 18 in October is going to live with his dad at the end of June. I am totally okay with this. His dad thinks...

Haunted homes [ 2 Answers ]

Is 14 saxon road haunted?

Looking into purchasing foreclosure homes in Arkansas [ 4 Answers ]

I'm really wanting to get some information about purchasing foreclosure homes in Arkansas, but the only thing I'm getting on the web is those pay for information web sites.. my credit is OK, but because I was married to someone who filed for bankruptcy while we were married it is also reflecting on...

View more questions Search