Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drumerboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Mortgage scam?
    Does a second party on a mortgage have to be present with the owner and a Notary, to remove himself off the deed before the owner does a deed in lieu:confused: ?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 05:58 AM
    If the mortgage loan lists the owner and a co-signer, and the co-signer is not an owner, then the co-signer does not need to sign the deed. If the second person listed on the mortgage loan is also an owner, then both owners have to sign the deed in lieu.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Lisa is correct, if you are a co-owner on the deed, the deed can not be transferred without both people signing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage broker vs. Mortgage Lender [ 3 Answers ]

What are the pro's and con's of using either a mortgage broker or going directly to the mortgage lender?

Scam? [ 2 Answers ]

I was contacted by National Small Business Alliance today and made the big mistake of thinking they were a legitimate business and gave them my bank information. Granted they said it was for a $1.00 charge today and then in 30 days the monthly fee would be $29.95. I wish I had gone onto the web...

36 hours before I close mortgage company refuses to give mortgage? [ 5 Answers ]

I secured a deal for a home with the owner and got a signed contract a month ago. For sale by owner deal. Secured financing at 95%, with 5 % down. Did financing through a broker, and got a locked in deal with countrywide over 3 weeks ago. All is well, appraised for 100K over what I have...

Scam or not? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone I need some advice on a work from home - data entry job. I am interested in doing this but I don't know whether this is a scam or the real thing. They are requesting that I pay US$49 to become a member. This is the first time I will be doing this and I would also like to know what...

View more questions Search