Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtroy229 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Same guns same bullets, different results
    If I had 2 guns (same make and model) that used the same make and model of bullets, would they produce different results when each was fired? Is there a way to tell which bullet was fired from which gun?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:05 PM
    They each should have a different wear pattern in the barrel. That induces a different wear pattern on each bullet. Now if they were both new guns, it might be tough, but might still be possible.

You may have to fire another bullet and compare them.

Same deal with a typewriter, the number of times each letter was hit changes the wear pattern on the heads.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Aug 8, 2008, 09:55 PM
    While identical firearms would supposedly have the same rifling (spiral features in the barrel to improve accuracy), minute differences cause by the manufacturing process would probably enable an expert to tell them apart. The more times a weapon is fired, the greater the differences become.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shortcut for Bullets [ 2 Answers ]

What shortcut is used to insert Bullets.

Hillary eating bullets! [ 16 Answers ]

Why do Dems revise history? Now she claims she was sleep deprived since the media proves different. Ducking bullets! I think it beats Scary Kerry. YouTube - Hillary Clinton exposed as a Fraud for 1996 Bosnia Trip It gets better and better

A guy is supposed to put 3 guns together & use all the pieces [ 2 Answers ]

I'll looking for the title of a movie where a guy is in some sort of training (I think) and he's in a room w/a few other people. They have to put 3 guns together using all the pieces in front of them blindfolded. He ends up putting 5 guns together to "use all the pieces". Anyone know this movie?...

No guns are to be where son is cared for. In laws have guns [ 3 Answers ]

The court papers say that there are to be no firearms anywhere that my son is being cared for. My son is 5, my ex wants to take him out of state to see his family for 4 days. His father has 5 guns, including 2 that belong to my ex. His mother and sisters all have guns... There is a currant...

UN wants your guns 7/04/06 [ 47 Answers ]

Read the following, wake up everyone!!!!!!!!!!! Link: http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul330.html

View more questions Search