Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtt675 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Deleted Multimedia audio controller
    There is no Multimedia audio controller on the comuter it's a desktop I went to belarc to find out everything about my comp. I need help how do I get it back if you need any important info on the comp email me or answer this q at [email protected]
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 11:05 PM
    I'll assume you are using Windows. If it was previously installed and subsequently deleted, you can scan for hardware changes in the Device Manager. Windows should detect it and load the correct driver. If the device is listed but splatted with a yellow icon, you can choose "Update Driver..." on the driver tab of the device's properties dialog. If it was never installed, you'll need to download and install the correct driver for your operating system from the motherboard, computer system, or device manufacturer's web site.

Aug 9, 2008, 12:03 AM
    I did that and now it says that c-media ac97 audio device will not start what do I do now?
    Hardware Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 03:48 PM
    What computer system and/or motherboard do you have? You may need to open the computer up and look at the labeling on the motherboard.

Aug 9, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Other than via this is what I look up on this comp

Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) VIA Technologies, Inc. KT600-8237
    Enclosure Type: Desktop
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    1.67 gigahertz AMD Sempron
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: KT600-8237
    Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 09/13/2004
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    64.53 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    41.65 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

LG CD-RW CED-8083B [CD-ROM drive]
    3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

Maxtor 5T030H3 [Hard drive] (30.73 GB) -- drive 0, s/n T3R5CEZC, rev TAH71DP0, SMART Status: Healthy
    WDC WD800JB-00JJC0 [Hard drive] (33.82 GB) -- drive 1, s/n WD-WCAM9M528628, rev 05.01C05, SMART Status: Healthy
    Hardware Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 08:17 PM
    VIA is the motherboard chipset. Download and run either CPU-Z or Belarc Advisor to determine brand and model of motherboard.
    Attached Images

Aug 10, 2008, 02:06 PM
    It only shows me the model which is KT600-8237

Aug 10, 2008, 02:07 PM
    On Belarc it shows VIA Technologies, Inc. KT600-8237
    Hardware Expert

Aug 10, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Ug, 'fraid of that. Try downloading and installing the reference driver for XP and the VIA 8237 southbridge at VIA Arena. The readme in the .Zip file indicates you can install only the audio driver using the appropriate command line switches.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer [ 9 Answers ]

I think I accidentally deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer and now I'm not able to listen to music using my computer and whatever I do with my computer there's no sound or music. When I go to control pannel and try to install this program back into my computer it says that the...

I think I deleted multimedia audio controller, [ 1 Answers ]

I think I deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer, how do I get it back, there is no sound coming from my computer.

Accidentally deleted the multimedia audio controller [ 2 Answers ]

I think I accidentally deleted the multimedia audio controller from my PC. How do I recover it?

I think I deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I think I deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer My computer is satellite pro toshiba Model psm4ye-00l00xar I have no cd to run this controller again Can any body help me

Multimedia Audio Controller Deleted! [ 2 Answers ]

I just got this computer, I traded an xbox 360 for it, and I was cleaning it up and I deleted the multimedia audio controller. I play guitar and I really need sound. Ive been everywhere, its 3:30 in the morning, and I am going crazy. I tried system restore, doesn't work, I downloaded Aida32, can't...

View more questions Search