Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2008, 01:15 AM

I'm not too familiar with stones too. I use kilograms mostly. From the first post, I guess one stone is equivalent to 6.36 kg. Not so far! ;)
    Has2LoseWeight Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 04:56 PM

Thanks for your support. Have been stressing a bit about everything lately, just started college, have hospital appointments every couple of months testing for epilepse as well as pcos, so I haven't made much progress. Its really hard. I know how easy it is to blame other people, but my mum and dad have always tried to help me. I have been on diets all of my life nothing ever seems to work. But I am obviously going to keep on going and try even harder because the longer I stay this way the longer I will be unhappy and what's the point in that?
    rockstar_237 Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Nov 26, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Its perfactly normal for your arms to hert after exercise. It means your body is working out and its adjusting to it. You can carry healthy snacks with you like carrots and stuff and drink a lot of water or if you like juice you can drink cranberry juice. You can also try eating organic foods which is way better for your body and you will see results also try exercising 30 minutes a day at least 5 times a week or every other day:)
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 01:52 AM

Watcha mean by organic food? One have to eat organic food. Only minerals and vitamins are not considered organic.

Anyway, has2loseweight, try to do some exercise daily, for example walking a little daily to and from school if your school is not too far away and the weather allows you to.

Ah, I don't know if you already told it... but, do you have a dog? Going with it for some walks would help you. Keep us informed!:)

Dec 3, 2008, 09:16 AM

Yes I have a dog I do walk him all the time let it be around the block or to the field for an hour or so. Thanks for your advice. I have a work out video which does help when I use it its just trying to find the time is quite hard, which isn't really any excuse but I have definitely cut down in what I have been eating as well lately and have made sure that its just three square meals in a day. And drink plenty of water so lets hope it goes well for a while.

Feb 24, 2009, 05:33 PM

Not much change but I'll try to update again soon.
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 09:55 PM

Ok, don't you lose hope! We're with you! :)

May 7, 2009, 07:18 AM

Going a bit slow but a least its not going the opposite way. About another half stone gone. :) Im really trying hard. At roughly 130.2kg now. So that's a total loss about 9.6 kg doesn't sound like much but at least I'm losing something.Try to update again soon.

(20.5 stone)
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 07:44 AM

Cool! Keep up your work, and don't give up! :)
    april k Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 11, 2009, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Has2LoseWeight View Post
    Goin a bit slow but a least its not going the opposite way. about another half stone gone. :) Im really trying hard. At roughly 130.2kg now. so thats a total loss about 9.6 kg doesnt sound like much but atleast im losing something.Try to update again soon.

(20.5 stone)
    Wow, there are a lot of posts from start to finish! But from what I can see you are doing well! Did you find out if you have PCOS? Do you know about Insulin Resistance (IR)? It could be part of your problem-- a good place to read about IR is at Insulite Laboratories | Reversing Insulin Resistance.

Also, I noticed someone writing about how it is only willpower that will get you through. I only agree with that to an extent. There are so many emotional issues that can contribute to weight issues- are there things you need to deal with?

Keep up the good work.

Dr April K

May 12, 2009, 03:18 PM

Yes I have PCOS, but I think the reason its taking me a while is because when I'm at a good point and I've lost weight I start to give up unbeknownst to myself and just flood back to feeling quite low about the whole thing and that's when my weight goes up and down and up and down.

I'm trying not to think about it too much because that's when I start to go in the wrong direction weight wise and I don't necessarily think positively I tend to say I must not do this I must not do that- I think I just annoy myself to such a point that I give up for a bit.

Update again soon.
    rosebutterfly13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 03:37 AM

I used 10 kgs in 2 weeks before, and the only thing I did was swim 1500m per day. It's an amazing exercise for your whole body and I found it extremely fun.
    rosebutterfly13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 03:38 AM
    Sorry, I meant I lost 10 kgs in 2 weeks.
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 02:33 AM

LOL rosebutterfly! :p Yup, swimming does great on the weight and the muscles... I myself was doing 5.0 to 6.4 daily two years ago... now I don't have that time, thought I really would like to swim again... :(

Great site Dr April K! :)

Has2LoseWeight, don't give up, keep your own paste, k? :) You doing great, keep it up! :)

May 20, 2009, 05:10 PM
    Thanks so much for your answers. I really used to love swimming and I think that would help me massively but I just don't have the confidence to do that. I think once I have lost more weight I will most definitely go swimming. (I know your probably thinking why not go swimming it will help you lose weight and it probably sounds kind of ignorant and in a way a bit stupid not to do it but I can't actually bring myselft to do that yet. Most definitely will in the future though!) I would like to make up an exercise circuit at home. I have a step up so I know I can use that, a simple thing to do which might help is dancing. I think 10 minutes of 6 different things would be quite interesting to do so I know I will keep going without getting bored with it. Any ideas of other things I can do at home that doesn't involve me having to buy new stuff. Thanks :D (light weight lifts like bottles of water or something? :P) I want to do this because I'm stuck at 20.5 and I'm running out of things to fit into my spare time and I am definitely not giving up on this!
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 07:41 AM

I wonder if I've told you to eat fruits... Eating lots of fruits instead of having snacks, and/or substituting breakfast for fruits... hmm. If you can have plenty of fruits, then go for them!

May 21, 2009, 09:52 AM

(its probably not even 80% true but still) I had this test thing done before sort of like an allergies test but I'm not allergic to anything its like what food is best for me personally to have and I was told vegetables more so then fruit. I have yoghurt for breakfast and eat cut up raw vegetables as snacks. Any ideas on exercises for my circuit :P? Thanks for your answers. :)
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 10:41 AM

Apart from swimming, jogging would be great. I understand that it may be kind of delicate to go swimming for the time being. You could have jogs say in the early mornings and afternoons, in public parks or with your dog as mentioned before.

If you're really bored, try going up and down the stairs. Sorry, I couldn't find any better :(

May 21, 2009, 06:46 PM

Lol that's OK I appreciate your answers and help :D! I'll keep you posted!

Jul 15, 2009, 06:27 PM
    I have recently turned 17 and I am finally under 20 stone! I know its still way way way morbidly obese but I think I have made a bit of an improvement. approx. 125.42 kg=19.75 stone.

*I think that I have learnt a few things since first starting this post, like;
    -I will slip up and snack on things that aren't very healthy but its quite easy to get back on track afterwards.
    -Any exercise does help.
    -And finally, although I may not recognise a difference in myself there's is small changes others notice.

Also I am not entirely sure but to correct myself before I think (NOT SURE) that my height is actually 5 ft 4 which will of course mean that (Sadly) my BMI will not have reduced much from the previously calculated 49, but considering it was most likely higher than that at the time before, there is still a substantial loss.

I really appreciate all your advice and I will keep you updated whenever I can. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

23 stone and desperate to lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a 30 year old female and I weigh 23 stone (blush) I'm desperate to lose weight, and I know I'm the only person that can do it, I know diet and exercise works but it's down to will power and being 'bothered' which I really am trying to get motivated for. Anyone got similar...

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

What is a stone = to in american weight [ 1 Answers ]

What is a stone = to in American weight?

I have lost weight but gained half of it back [ 5 Answers ]

I lost weight 70 pounds but it was because I was really stressed out at the time and really I don't know how it came off, but I was happy that it did. I tried to keep the weight off by eating better and getting a little more exercises than I normally would but Ive gained almost half of it back and...

View more questions Search