Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DarkAssassin1323 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2006, 06:16 PM
    Weird Occurrence in ear
    Well, almost a week ago, I woke up and I felt this pressure in my right ear. It doesn't really hurt, it just feels odd, and the hearing in that ear is distorted somewhat. Well, yesterday I bought and started using some eardrops. Today, I've noticed that my ear is discharging large amounts of earwax. Once again, its all in one ear. Well, basically I would appreciate any help on whether this is an infection, or what I fear, some sort of prelude to hearing loss.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2006, 04:55 AM
    Hi,
    I am not a Doctor, but just a person who wears hearing aids, 64 yrs old, and have experienced many different ear canal and hearing problems over my life.
    You could have an inner ear infection. Ear wax buildup will certainly cause some hearing loss from all the wax. When you say you are discharging ear wax, do you mean after you put in eardrops, enough to make it run out of the ear?
    If not, this "running" out of the ear could be ear drainage from an infection. Infections will cause hearing loss, over a period. Normally, just an infection or two won't do it.
    Please see an Ear Doctor, ENT, (Ear-Nose-Throat) Doctor. Getting it checked out now could possibly save you a lot of problems. I do wish you the best, and good luck. Hope it's not infection. But if it is, some prescribed ear drops will take care of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird [ 6 Answers ]

I just took a look at my number of posts and I realize I have only 59 what's even weirder is that it says I have 71 in the last 90 days. Now I have been here from November 2005, and I have only 59 posts which is correct but in the last 90 days I have posted 71 times. Which I understand they don't...

How is this for weird... [ 1 Answers ]

may dad passed away last yr feb... had dream about waking up looking at alarm clock and saw the time my dad was telling me I'd be late for school... guess what... the daily #'s came out and MATCHED the time on clock!! and I never played them!! weird... happened 2x's so far.. thought they were...

Something weird [ 5 Answers ]

For a while now, every once in a while, while I'm walking, I'll feel kind of weird. My vision gets blurry and a bit flashy, and I have trouble keeping my balance. This usually lasts about 5 seconds or so and only happens about once every 3 weeks. Today, the same thing happened, but this time it...

Very weird one Please help! [ 2 Answers ]

I know this is going to sound weird but I am not kidding when I say that my monitor is causing my sound not to work. When I try to increase the volume I can visuall even see the volume going right back down all the way on its own. I have tested everything with different parts and everything works...

View more questions Search