Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tenny45 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2006, 01:31 PM
    Bad Sunburn & Wrinkles on face
    Hi, I'm a 21 year old female. I got an really bad case of sunburn on my face 2 days ago (because I did not have sunscreen with me, which I know I should have brought) and I have been using aloe vera gel to "heal" it. However, it is still extremely red and my skin feels like it's very tight and connected... the skin around my eyes and on my eyelights are wrinkled and sagging. I have had sunburns before and the wrinkles would usually go away in a few weeks. (but I usually do not go out in the sun much because I have light skin and have only gotten sunburn a few times before)

Could you tell me if the wrinkles will subside after a while? Or do I need to use some sort of products besides Aloe vera? Would lotion help? I'm really worried that all the wrinkles would be permanent (I know that at least some of it would stay), including the sagging eyelid. Thanks so much!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 18, 2006, 12:09 AM
    Tenny45, there is no quick cure for sunburn except time and patience. You can cool down the burning by applying aloe vera, zinc oxide, and vitamin A oil. Vitamins C and E (antioxidants) can help reduce the damage due to free radicals produced through exposure to UV light. Sun-exposed skin can gradually lose moisture and essential oils, making it appear dry, flaky and prematurely wrinkled, even in younger people. Using sun protection will help prevent skin damage and reduce the risk of cancer. Sunscreens reduce the harmful effects of the sun, along with limiting sun exposure and wearing protective clothing. If you have a bad burn, see your dermatologist.
    tenny45 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2006, 01:01 AM
    Thanks PrettyandPetite for your response! Actually the sagging of my skin got better in the past few days, and the skin has started to peel.

However, after one layer of it peeled on my cheeks and forehead, the new pink layer that I thought to be new skin became wrinkly and looks like is starting to peel again! Is this normal? I thought your skin peels onlyonce after a sunburn. Also, I have been using the same lotion that I have used since I was a kid, switching it off with aloe vera gel.

If someone can answer my question I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 18, 2006, 01:28 AM
    Tenny, peeling after sunburn is your body's way of getting rid of damaged cells. This is necessary because cells damaged by the sun are at risk of becoming cancerous. Although skin peels and new skin layers form, some sunburn damage may remain. This can cause problems later in life. So it is important to try to avoid burning in the first place. I recommend that you see a dermatologist just to be on the safe side.
    MariahNYC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 09:35 AM
    I've been using this serum diligently for 4-5 months and love it. It's the Made from Earth Vitamin Enhanced Face Firming Serum. It works, it works, it works! I had a lot of sun damage and fine wrinkles on my forehead that are simply gone. And it's completely smoothed out my skin.

I had rough patches here and there, plus oily T-zone and this cream was great on my entire face. No breakouts and the texture of my skin is fantastic now. Concealer and make up go on a lot smoother now.

I saw results in the 3rd week I started using this. I don't use it every night anymore, like 2-3 times a week now that I have the results I want. Love this serum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best face cream? [ 32 Answers ]

My body became lighter than my face and neck colour. Previously I have done bleaching my face due to the fuzzy hairs but now I stopped. My skin is very sensitive, I do not know which cream is really helpful for my face problem. Right now I am using Dove sensitive day cream and SPF 15. If anyone...

Sunburn [ 11 Answers ]

Tell me what you think... My boyfriend is out in the sun most of the day, from around 11 until about 4. How long do you think is too long? and how long until he gets skin cancer? I try to tell him everyday that its not good for him but he just won't listen. Any advice?

Redmarks on my face [ 1 Answers ]

I got this red tape mark on my face after I taped my mouth, the tape mark goes across my mouth, the problem is that it's notgoing away. Please tell mehowto remove the redtape mark.

Do I take this at face value [ 9 Answers ]

We were together for 8 years. We had a quarrel - he no longer wanted to see me - now 1 month later he sends the following - he is an aquarius I am a scorpion. Where do I go from here - I have always pictured myself growing old with him Most of the anger has subsided but the hurt and...

View more questions Search