Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Evinx Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2006, 01:20 PM
    Dog Poop on Lawns/Shrubbery Beds
    I live in a residential community where people just simply refuse to pick up after their dogs. So my lawn, from time to time, has some dog poop on it.

Is there some product that will repel the dogs so they stay away from my lawn + shrubs - yet, won't harm them or the lawn/shrubs + not need to be re-applied very few days or every week?

And of course, it must really accomplish the objective.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    Evinx
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2006, 05:11 AM
    HI,
    I live in the mountains, in VA, and have one neighbor, known them for 30 years, that let their dogs run loose sometimes. Have had the same problem.
    I have not yet found any "commercial" dog repellants that really work, so you don't have to keep putting down something.
    I do know that White Distilled Vinegar, full strength, repels dogs and cats; also does Cleaning Ammonia, full strength.
    You might try soaking some cloths of some kind in Ammonia, and placing it around your yard, and near shrubs. or Distilled Vinegar. But, Vinegar will kill any plants if you spray it on them; grass also!
    Best of luck.
    Melinda Posts: 102, Reputation: 20

Apr 21, 2006, 11:35 AM
    My mother lives in a subdivision and she also had that problem near her cedars that edge her property, she no longer has to worry *L* we went to our dogs trainer who also sells yard supplies and picked up this sprinkler that works by motion... boy did we have fun peeking out the curtains to see the owners jump back when they were sprayed... and it was great for the lawn also, they sell these things for around ponds to keep birds from stealing the fish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help! My poop puppy [ 9 Answers ]

I just recently adopted my dog a German Shep. X. from the local humane society and for the first four days she was great. So much energy. Now she won't eat a thing and keeps throwing up early in the morning. She is still pretty playful but you can see that she is tired. I brought her the vet and at...

Eating cat poop [ 11 Answers ]

Some dogs that I know are eating cat poop. I've tried everything I can think of from supplimenting the diet, to keeping it away, to yelling, to sprays. I'm not sure what to do. I wonder what would draw a dog to cat poop?

I'm tired of poop... [ 9 Answers ]

Mostly this thread is about me venting. Our lovely new little Basset Hound, Buddy, as my husband has named him, won't stop pooping in the house. We finally got him to stop peeing in his crate. He had to spend a couple of hours in a puddle of his own pee before we got home to give him a bath (the...

Male Doxie peeing on beds [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 1year old unneutered male dachshund that we've had since he was 8wks old. I am a stay-at-home mom who homeschools a 15yr old son and a 13yr old son while Dad and the oldest son go off to work, so someone is home 95% of the time. From day one, we've trained him to go on the Puppy Pads...

Winterizing Lawns [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Washington State and I am wondering what steps I should take to winterize my lawn. Both my back yard and front yards get about half a day of sun each day. There are some spots where moss is starting to take over and some spots that are patchy and dead. I bought the house in May and at...

View more questions Search