Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    v_eshwar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 11:29 AM
    SSN for L2 visa
    I'm in L1 visa and my wife is in L2 visa... I have applied for EAD for her and that status is still pending. Currently she is not employed. I want to apply for SSN for my wife. Can I do that? Is she eligible to get a SSN?

Please reply...

Regards,
    Eshwar
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by v_eshwar
    I'm in L1 visa and my wife is in L2 visa... I have applied for EAD for her and that status is still pending. Currently she is not employed. I want to apply for SSN for my wife. Can I do that? Is she eligible to get a SSN?

Please reply...

Regards,
    Eshwar
    She is eligible to obtain SSN but she has to wait until she receives her EAD card first. SSA will not issue SSN without proof of legal status, which means she has to submit copy of EAD and her passport with visa page.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Apply for US Visit Visa while a valid L1 Visa [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I need to visit US to meet my relative. I have 3 year valid L1 visa. Is it possible to get a US Visit Visa with out canceling the L1 Visa? Please advice

J-1 visa tax exemption, change status to H-1B visa? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm from Thailand and holding J-1 visa. For J-1 visa I can exempt tax for 2 years. I'm wondering how's tax payment after 2 years in two different status. 1. If I extend J-1 visa, do I need to pay tax back for the first two years? 2. If I change to H-1B, do I need to pay tax back...

H1B visa holder claiming a Dependent who is on H4 visa? [ 2 Answers ]

I am on H1B visa and my wife is on H4 visa. Can I claim her as a Dependent while filing for the tax return. Do I have to apply for ITIN? Please explain the procedure. Thanks

View more questions Search