Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avedow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Trying to dunk
    My name is mark and I'm 5' 9", I can touch the rim of a 9'5'' net but I'm still too short to touch 10'. So if someone can tell me some programs or excerxises or something, but I can't spend any money either so please help me to dunk or at least get above the rim
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2006, 02:41 PM
    Weight training, esp working on your legs, running and jumping and workouts using leg weights.

And in general watching some of the pros jumping, esp in slow motion and see how they are jumping, movements and the such. You should be able to work up to 10 foot in time.

If you are on a team, get with your coach he should be able to help, if not on the team, ask the coach anyway, the worst he can say is beat it.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2006, 04:58 AM
    HI,
    The answer before mine is good.
    Excercises with jumping will increase your leg muscles, give you more strength and jumping ability.
    As said already, talk with a Coach and see what he/she suggests doing.
    Best of luck, and hang in there.
    Air J Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2006, 09:41 PM
    Yeah I would advise you to start a beginners weight program (assuming you haven't lifted before)

PS Good LUck I remmeber that feeling and now I'm getting rim at 5'9 so you can do it
    jasperroe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Best way to increase your vertical jump is the simplest technique. I'm 15 with a 38/39 inch vert, but it doesn't come easy. Try doing simple calf raises on your stairs, work on the upper and lower calves and the thighs/quadriceps. Just jumping up and down and keep trying to touch the rim will help eventually. Try using machines at your local gym, calf raises, squats with weights, look up some leg exercises on Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site.
    bayareaslapzz Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Sep 4, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by avedow
    my name is mark and im 5' 9", i can touch the rim of a 9'5'' net but im still too short to touch 10'. so if someone can tell me some programs or excerxises or something, but i can't spend any money either so please help me to dunk or at least get above the rim
    JUMPSOLES!! Jumpusa.com would be the easiest way.
    I'm 5'9 and I've used jumpsoles at age 16 and started grabbing the rim at age 17 no problem.

Stay on your toes more than a ballerina ( metaphortically )
    Stay on your front half of your feet.
    em-da-man Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 12:28 AM
    Plyometrics.the best plyometrics for a 1 leg jumper are sprints,and for the 2 leg jumper are depth jumps.try to do this thing and you will see your vert increasing:P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search