Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2006, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytrain
    Is there any proof that saddam wasn't supporting osama
    Logistically you don't try to prove that something did not happen. For instance: Is there any proof that George Bush is not a devil worshipper? See? It doesn't work that way. The Saddam/Osama link was presented to us by the top echelon of the US military, unfortunately they seem to be wrong. Saddam is indeed a tyrant but his involvement in Osama's nefarious plans has yet to be conclusely proven. If you can offer some concrete proof it would be interesting to see.
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Apr 18, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Thank you NEEDKARMA... you hit the nail right on the head! Where's the proof. THe facts are there is NONE! That was just a smokescreen for the real reason we are fighting this war. GREED. OIL. MORE GREED. And now our gas prices are going up again to an all new record high. Yea, Bush is great... hah!
    crazytrain Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2006, 02:39 PM
    So let me ask.
    What would you have done.
    They have proof he was on his way to becoming the next hitler.
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2006, 02:43 PM
    So let me ask.
    I would have taken a step back and wondered: "what do they hate us so much that they would want to take such drastic measures to hurt us? what policies of ours incite so much hatred?"

BTW Hitler had charisma and a whole nation following him, Osama did not nor does he have a huge army and the proper technology to overun the world.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2006, 02:44 PM
    Any time a U.S. president goes into war with our troops for his own reasons we become a Dictatorship and not a Democracy. We the people should have the last say as to whose *** we want to kick. Not a group of billionaire globalist with a hidden agenda. I am sorry my fellow Americans but our country and our freedom is slipping away from us... and fast. I am to the point I do not trust anyone! They are all out for their own gain by promoting their own agenda. That is what an elected position has become.:mad:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2006, 02:50 PM
    Aw shucks, stopped by the spread rule:

I AGREE!! Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq: Should've never gone there.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 18, 2006, 03:28 PM
    Is there any proof that saddam wasn't supporting osama
    The question is not whether there is proof that he wasn't but whether there is proof that he was. And no proof has been uncovered to support that he was. That was just another piece of information put forward by the Bush Administration to justify this war.

So let me ask.
    What proof? There was the Iraq-Iran border war that ended in a draw. Then Hussein got his nose blooded in an ill considered and ill fated incursion into Kuwait. Since he got creamed by the elder Bush in a war justified by Iraq's aggression, Hussein has done nothing but saber rattling. Everything else he did (and there were atrocities. That's why he's being tried for war crimes) was done within his own borders. If he was such a tyrant, then why didn't the oppressed subjects rise up against him. If they had done so during Desert Storm, the elder Bush might have had the backing to finish the job.

What would I have done? I would have continued exactly what we were doing. Using boycotts and economic sanctions to keep him confined to his own borders. I would have heightened our prepardedness so that we could strike back decisively and swiftly if he attacked.

I firmly believe that Hussein was playing with us. He made us believe that he had more weaponry then he did. He was thumbing his nose at us and enjoying his ability to jerk America's chain. His big mistake was underestimating Dubya's pride and stupidity. I don't think he ever believed that Dubya would be stupid enough to invade.

If you look at the facts, these conclusions become almost inescapable.

Edit:
    What does the mass graves have to do with anything? As I said, that's why he is being tried. There was no question about his attacks against the Kurds. But that was internal. How do you think America would have reacted if another country interferred with us because of what we did to Native Americans?
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2006, 03:50 PM
    Here is what I think we need. A place to post and communicate with people from Iran, Iraq and everywhere. The software should translate to any lanuage you want to communicate in. All the people of the world are my brothers and sisters and I send them a mental message of love every day. I want to tell them that I do not want to fight with them. I want their Children and Grand children to live peaceful, abundant lifes along with mine. When we the people begin to communicate instead of just hearing and reacting the rhetoric of these greedy, self serving fools that are controlling things now, I bet you things will start to change. Tell me true, do any of you really want to kill anyone because of oil or any other material thing. GOD has always provided me with everything I have ever needed, not this boondoggle we call government. Is there any software that has been developed to provide such a forum? Is there such a forum? :confused:

Apr 18, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Here is what I think we need. A place to post and communicate with people from Iran, Iraq and everywhere.
    Actually the Internet has provided such a venue. The Internet had a direct impact on the collapse of the Soviet Union. The ability of people within the Soviet Union to see what was really going on in Western countries and to communicate with Western peoples showed them that their leaders had lied to them.

Unfortunately, the communications facilities in MidEast countries are not as good as in other areas. And they are more tightly controlled by government.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2006, 04:18 PM
    If that's true, then the troops should have invaded Rwanda, where one of the worst genocides since the Holocaust recently took place. But the world turned a blind eye to the devastation there. Why? Because Rwanda is not a rich country, no oil or any other exploitable resources.

Edit: Yes you're right magprob, they are African, and the African continent is being almost completely ignored right now.
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2006, 04:22 PM
    OK... then this is what we need... underground internet cafes! :} Yes, I understand, why, Google has designed the software to allow the tyrants running China to keep a tight grip on the free speech on the internet. Anything for a buck! Guess I'll just have to go back to my original plan. Rent an airplane and start dropping flyers! How many people live in that region anyway? Hope this old HP printer is up to it.
    I am being bombarded with the mess Bush has us in. I just received this:

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola
    executive It's worth a try.

Join the resistance!! I hear we are going to hit
    close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might
    go higher! Want gasoline prices to come down? We
    need to take some intelligent, united action.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain
    day" campaign! It was more of an inconvenience
    to us than it was a problem for them.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have
    conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is
    CHEAP at $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to
    teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.. not
    sellers.

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop
    buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if
    we all act together to force a price war

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase
    ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies
    (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are
    not selling gas, they will be forced to reduce prices.

It's well worth the effort because this has potential to work.
    Send Exxon-Mobil a message. Their profits for last year were
    off the map - only because we bought their gas. Therefore,
    we are just as much to blame if we continue to increase
    their profit margins. If we don't buy their gas, they will
    lower prices. This is the American spirit that made this country
    so great. Let's work together and show these fat cats that
    "we, the people" are the heart and soul of this country.

To have an impact, we need to reach literally millions
    of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now,
    don't wimp out at this point...

I'm sending this to 30 people.
    If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and
    those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =
    3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches
    the sixth group of people, we will have reached over
    THREE MILLION consumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to
    ten friends each, then 30 million people will have
    been contacted! If it goes one level further, you
    guessed it... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!

Let's do it!!
    Things are getting out of hand folks!

Apr 18, 2006, 04:29 PM
    How many of the worlds tyrants have started as a small potato?
    Then gotten bigger?
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2006, 04:35 PM
    How many of the worlds tyrants have started out as a small potato?
    Then gotten bigger?
    Yes, that's it - let's murder them early if they show signs of being bad. Why hasn't the US taken out Kim Jong-Il?

Apr 18, 2006, 06:20 PM
    I am talking about the history of the world.
    Maybe we got this one before he got to big.

Apr 19, 2006, 08:00 AM
    As I said earlier, we need to focus on our country... and the wars that are going on within this nation... like drugs and poverty. Katrina was a perfect example of how we have failed to do this. It is very sad that there are so many countries out there that have horrible poverty levels and terrible things happening to them. But Bush doesn't REALLY care about that. He only cares about what he can REAP from other countries, and make it look like he is the BIG hero of the day. HAH!
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Now Bush says that the oil companies "may" be price gouging. If the price of gas drops soon, due to Bush looking into it, will he be our hero once again?

Apr 19, 2006, 10:07 AM
    "MAY"?? On New Years Eve, one gas station near me ( pass it going to and from the highway) started the day with a price of $2.59. On my way home it had risen to $2.65. On the way home from our New Years festivities it was up to $2.75!

Does anyone believe they got a delivery between 8PM (when I left for the party) and 1AM (when I returned) on New Years Eve?

Gas stations and gas companies should be made to charge what they PAY for gas. Not what their supplier tells them the next delivery will cost. When they get the delivery, they can raise the price even though their may still be cheaper gas in the tank. That's reasonable. But to raise prices based on the cost of their NEXT delivery??

And the stations are not totally at fault. Their suppliers are raising the prices based on anticpated increases, not real ones. When the price goes up on the commodities market, prices are raised and passed down the line. Even though they are selling stockpiles that were made from lower priced crude. That's why the oil companies posted huge windfall profits after Katrina.

So one might think they would temper their price raises to compensate. But obviously not. And why not? Because they they have a friend in the White House who won't do anything about it.

Apr 19, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Here in Northern IL it is supposed to go up to $3.00 by memorial day and not go down from $3.00 all summer long, or at least that is what they are predicting. That is ridiculous! And now since the news reported this, you better believe those gas station owners are thinking they can raise them now, since everyone is expecting it, not because they need to.
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Apr 19, 2006, 10:34 AM
    Well yes! I say to ScottGem first and foremost! Bush is spoiled. But in a good way. Did you not think that that can happen to Christian men too? Or are you just a tad bit jealous..

~ I didn't vote at all this time around. I moved and the rush for me to register was a pain. I wasn't so happy with the war, & the Democrats couldn't even take advantage of the "deficit thing" Instead they offered that clown Kerry. But now I'm glad God was in control and put Bush in. My husband had no problem voting, and for Bush. Forget about it!

Now in regards to your post- Cgirl - When you say "we" should concentrate on this country's needs more. Don't you mean the Politicians and Bush?
    Last I checked... I wasn't getting paid for rebuilding New Orleans. In fact, the Army Corp of Engineers are trying to do a better job building up the levies this time. Bush has given plenty of tax cuts to those affected by Katrina.
    Private citizens donated mucho dinero to the casualty funds.
    The rest is up to God and a few thousand truckloads of good people.

Have a lovely day!

Apr 19, 2006, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 31pumpkin
    Well yes! I say to ScottGem first and foremost! Bush is spoiled. But in a good way. Did you not think that that can happen to Christian men too? Or are you just a tad bit jealous............?
    Huh? I haven't a clue what you refer to. Not even sure how someone can be spoiled "in a good way". The word spolied means to turn rotten. And what would I be jealous of?

Try dealing with the real points I made.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hydrangea bush [ 2 Answers ]

I want to plant a couple hydrangea bushes in my yard at my new home but I don't know what kind of care they take: do they need sun or no sun, shade or no shade, etc?

Bush 2034 TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost the manual for my TV set. It is a Bush 2034 TSIL. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the relevant manual. Any help would be appreciated. lost my manual

Bush tv/hello [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this everyone.need help got a new remote for my combi bush TV model 145 does anyone have the remode codes for me please

Bush TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bush TV given to me, and have lost the manual so can not set the channels properly. The model is BUSH 2878 NTXSIL Please can anyone help me? I have set the dvd player to the TV set by scart but can not set my sky to it. The channels do not set for some reason. The arial is perfectly...

View more questions Search