Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AndMadMan Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Key Change in a song (Violin)
    What does a key change in sheet music signify? I was at a violin lesson and the teacher was explaining to a student that there was a key change and I don't know what that means.

theguywithnolife Posts: 82, Reputation: 10

Aug 8, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Its kind of hard to explain

Basicially... You ever notice When you play a song there's a "Pattern" in the notes? That's basicially a Key, And so when there's a key change it's a different "pattern"
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 01:47 AM
    A key change is where the key signature will change and the sound of the music will be higher or lower than where it had been. It could also be that the key change might be due to a "happy" sound in the music changing to a "sad" sound. For instance, going from a Major key to one that is in a minor one. Sometimes the key signature doesn't change but there may be a change in key for a brief while.

Usually, a change of keys will involve using a chord progression of some kind to arrive at the new key, although, sometimes the changes can be abrupt without going through a progression of chords to arrive at the new key. The ending chord of the chord progression will almost always be the V7 chord of the key that the music is going to.

theguywithnolife is correct. It is kind of hard to explain.

If you know scales and the chords of those scales, it's easier to explain.

Do you know some scales and also the chords of the scales that you know?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Epic (violin?) Song. Famous I think, what is this song called! [ 3 Answers ]

Grah! I KNOW this song from SOMEWHER! I think it might have been used in movie commercials or something? YouTube - Ah ! My Goddess ! - Absolution If anyone knows what this is called, please tell me? And I checked, it's not called Absolution

Non-classical violin music [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone have any favorite non-classical violin music favorites? Any folk music (of any culture) or even movie related themes? I have so much trouble finding great melodies (outside of classical music) for the violin.

Violin questions [ 7 Answers ]

I bought an electric guitar a long time ago and liked it but it really isn't my thing. I became decent at it but I'm going to sell it now and buy a violin. I use to play when I was younger but stopped. I was pretty good but gave it up for some reason :(. I'm going to be playing classical of course...

View more questions Search