Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Aug 7, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Are angles real?
    What about angles? Do they really exist? If anyone has proof of them I would love to hear about it.
    Diane Carol Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Aug 7, 2008, 11:26 AM
    If you wish to believe the tooth fairy exists, then believe.
    If you wish to think there's some kind of winged elf looking down on you, then believe.

But hey, do you want to buy a bridge? I've got a well-used one that is collecting millions... and I'll sacrifice for $1,000.00. See, I need the money.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Yes they are real. See below for an example:

Hey, someone had to do it. :)

Aug 7, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Carol
    If you wish to believe the tooth fairy exists, then believe.
    If you wish to think there's some kind of winged elf looking down on you, then believe.

But hey, do you wanna buy a bridge? I've got a well-used one that is collecting millions...and I'll sacrifice for $1,000.00. See, I need the money.
    Hey I actually DO NOT believe in angles. At least in the heavenly white winged version.
    I don't believe there is a location called heaven or that it is swarming with these angles.
    I use the term VERY loosely when I say something like "she was like an angle in his life" or "there must have been an angle looking out for me". Just a figure of speech to describe good fortune or caring people.

I am going to a meet-up tonight and the guest will be speaking on angles. I'm practicing on keeping a straight face and not cracking up if she goes off on literal interpretation.

I'm hoping someone on here will attempt to convince me of them. ;) I don't think it can be done but I would enjoy the challenge.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Yes they are very real, first we are told of them in the Bible and in the men and women who have seen them over the years

Aug 7, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    yes they are very real, first we are told of them in the Bible and and in the men and women who have seen them over the years
    That is not proof. That is hear say.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Aug 7, 2008, 04:10 PM
    St. Augustine said, and the modern Catechism of the Catholic Church says the same, that angels do not exist. Surprised?

Well, let me clarify. There is no such thing as an angel just as there is no such thing as a lawyer. The Catholic Church and several other mainstream Christian churches teach that angel is not a kind of being but an office, that is, a job description. Some spirits do that kind of work and are called angels, just as some humans practice law and are called lawyers. Anyway, that's what those churches say and it jives with my experience. There are all sorts of spirits. My power animals are spirits, and once or twice I've seen them unzip their animal suits and what is underneath is something amazingly radiant, beautiful, powerful, pure and good. But they get all embarrassed if I call them angels. ;)

Blessings to you,

Alder
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alder
    There is no such thing as an angel just as there is no such thing as a lawyer.
    Well my wife is a lawyer and she seems pretty real to me. :)

Aug 7, 2008, 07:24 PM
    St. Augustine said, and the modern Catechism of the Catholic Church says the same, that angels do not exist. Surprised?

Well, let me clarify. There is no such thing as an angel just as there is no such thing as a lawyer. The Catholic Church and several other mainstream Christian churches teach that angel is not a kind of being but an office, that is, a job description. Some spirits do that kind of work and are called angels, just as some humans practice law and are called lawyers. Anyway, that's what those churches say and it jives with my experience. There are all sorts of spirits. My power animals are spirits, and once or twice I've seen them unzip their animal suits and what is underneath is something amazingly radiant, beautiful, powerful, pure and good. But they get all embarrassed if I call them angels. ;)

Blessings to you,

Alder
    What are power animals?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 07:31 PM
    I believe in Angels, can't prove it, just do. :)

I also believe in angles, those I can prove. ;)

Aug 8, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Cosyk, there are indeed people on this Earth who can be properly thought of as angels.
    You don't have to look far to see who they are, just look at their works of mercy, of benevolence to others, and a general over-all good thoughts of their fellow man.

These people are in the true sense of being angels. But, when some use this term for suggesting a spirit in a white sheet and not of this Earth, then you have to look at them as... well, would you put your life savings into their hands and believe they will care for it and make it grow.

If somebody who isn't asleep but says she/he sees these wisps of smoke and believe they real, then you got to shake your head and get away from them. They can come up with some of the most ridiculous, crazy, unbelievable circumstances to back up their claims.

We all have some craziness about us... we call them superstititions. I have to end my step with my right foot in front of a crack. I try never to step on cracks... I'll go around them if necessary. I'll do things twice if something happened good the first time I did it.
    All sorts of things I do... why?

Why take a chance!

But, when it comes right down to it... as a clear thinking human who has a brain to think with, to reason with... I consider myself a Presbyterian... but I really don't believe in God.
    So what does that make me.

A poor misunderstood child of God who will find his way some day when the Angel of Mercy is beside me in that heavenly abode.

Yeah... sure!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    I believe in Angels, can't prove it, just do. :)

I also believe in angles, those I can prove. ;)
    Can you alty? Can you really? ;)

Aug 8, 2008, 01:17 PM
    But, when it comes right down to it... as a clear thinking human who has a brain to think with, to reason with... I consider myself a Presbyterian... but I really don't believe in God.
    So what does that make me.

A poor misunderstood child of God who will find his way some day when the Angel of Mercy is beside me in that heavenly abode.

Yeah... sure![/QUOTE]

I am, make that WAS a Presbyterian. Now I call myself a free thinker. I believe in a holy spirit that lives in my heart that hears my prayers. You could call it god, the universe, or the great pumpkin. It doesn't matter.

On the other hand, I don't ever want to be called a christian again. If you don't believe that Jesus was the son of god, etc. etc. then you will spend eternity burning in hell. What kind of god is that? That is not unconditional love.

You don't really believe in god but you are a presbyterian. Does that mean you are an active presbyterian, do you go to church and worship god ? Please tell me more about this.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Aug 8, 2008, 03:52 PM
    "Power animals" are spirit guides who take the form of animals. They are a part of shamanic traditions from all over the world--Australia, Siberia, Britain, Africa, North and South America. They are very wise and good; in a word, angelic. I'm not sure why they take the form of animals. Presumably because it's fun.

Alder

Aug 8, 2008, 05:41 PM
    "Power animals" are spirit guides who take the form of animals. They are a part of shamanic traditions from all over the world--Australia, Siberia, Britain, Africa, North and South America. They are very wise and good; in a word, angelic. I'm not sure why they take the form of animals. Presumably because it's fun.

Alder
    Thank you Alder
    Spirit Guides is another thing I don't buy. I was at a " meet up" last night. We had to go around the room, tell our name, town, and the number and names of our spirit guides.
    One man described his 2 spirit guides. A woman that looked like a dark haired Stevie Nicks and a man with a turban on his head and very colorful clothing. He told us their names and how he went to a "service" where they chanted, beat drums, and burned sage. Mean while, I'm trying to keep a straight face. Oh, his spirit guides told him to quit his corporate job and become a dog whisperer. Yeah... Anyway, he did it.

When it was my turn I had to declare that I had no "spirit guides" that when I do something new or different, it's totally MY idea. I mentioned that the dog whisperers guides even :D had little outfits on. What an interesting evening!

Aug 10, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Cosyk, I have this thing in me that says it migth be better to believe in something than not believe in anything.
    I got married in my Church, I got baptized in my Church... I go to church... not very often, at Christmas, and whenever we think we should some Sundays... but I'm no hypocrite, the minister knows what I'm doing when he sees me shaking my head.

Its good to be amongst my friends and to speak afterwards at luncheons, at pot-luck dinners and other socail gatherings. I don't spout my not believing... that would be rude.
    I just accept what I am and know damn sure, when that time comes, I'll have a minister saying words about and above me.

Actually, the ground isn't going to get me... we have decided to be cremated.
    Pretty soon, if the population explosion continues the way it is, cemeteries will be outlawed.

Soylent Green might not be too far distant.

Aug 10, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Carol
    Cosyk, I have this thing in me that says it migth be better to believe in something than not believe in anything.
    I got married in my Church, I got baptized in my Church....I go to church....not very often, at Christmas, and whenever we think we should some Sundays.....but I'm no hypocrit, the minister knows what I'm doing when he sees me shaking my head.

Its good to be amongst my friends and to speak afterwards at luncheons, at pot-luck dinners and other socail gatherings. I don't spout my not believing......that would be rude.
    I just accept what I am and know damn sure, when that time comes, I'll have a minister saying words about and above me.

Actually, the ground isn't going to get me.....we have decided to be cremated.
    Pretty soon, if the population explosion continues the way it is, cemeteries will be outlawed.

Soylent Green might not be too far distant.
    I'm not quite sure what you are saying to me. I never said I did not believe in anything. I believe in my God. I just don't care for the church and bible and religions. Are you saying you do or don't believe in whatever you are going to church for at Christmas time and other special occasions? Is it just a social gathering for you are what? And you say that you know for damn sure that a minister will be saying words about and above you is good since you are a believer or bad since you are not? Or you will "choose " to believe just to play it safe? Believing is something you heart resonates as true, not something you just decide.
    In Sorrow Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Sep 7, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Angels Exist, just like Ghosts and Spirits and Demons Exist, But yes you are right we cannot prove anything. We cannot even Prove that God exists or Satan exists, but they do exist. Its just a matter of Belief and faith that one has, either you believe or you don't. But with most people when they have their first encounter with one of these beings, either Angels, or Ghosts than that usually makes them a believer, although some would still deny their existence of them and brush it off, as pure imagination, just like most Scoffers and Debunkers of the Supernatural and Paranormal.
    kylezazu Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Oct 8, 2008, 05:51 PM
    The question you are asking can not be answered by any of us. No one can prove of there existence... or their non existence It really is just a matter of faith. I believe they do exist. And honestly there is nothing people can say or do to make me believe other wise. I know this doesn't help... but what do you believe?

Oct 8, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kylezazu View Post
    The question you are asking can not be answered by any of us. No one can proove of there existence... or their non existence It really is just a matter of faith. I believe they do exist. And honestly there is nothing people can say or do to amke me believe other wise. I know this doesnt help... but what do you believe?
    I do NOT believe in white robed winged little people that appear or disappear whenever god wants to send a message or protector. I DO believe that sometimes people show up in our lives that seem to be "heaven sent". I don't mean that in a literal sense. None of us KNOWS anything. This is just my personal belief of "angles". Maybe God arranges for these people to cross our path at just the right time.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Angles of elevation [ 1 Answers ]

Heyy Amy sees a radio tower at a bearing of 293 degrees and measures the angle of elevation to the top of the tower at 10 degrees. John is 350 metres from amy and measures the angle of elevation to the top of the tower at 6 degrees. The bearing from john to amy is 252 degrees. Find the height of...

Triginometry angles [ 1 Answers ]

what is the eastiest way to solve this problem. I need to be able to understand and remember it for another day? Solve <B=30 DEGREES, <C=45 DEGREES, b=9 :confused:

Acute angles [ 1 Answers ]

If α, β are acute angles such that Sin = 1/12 and Cos β = 4/5 Calculate the six trigonometric functions for the sum and differences of the two angles….

Angles [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find the angles x and y here? http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2773/matenurk001vz2.jpg

Weird angles [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to replace all the trim in the house and am noticing that the door frames seem to be uneven. By uneven I mean the gap from the corner to trim is larger on the bottom than at the top. We live in a 1 story house this only occurs at a few doors. Would this be poor construction or is the...

View more questions Search