Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vonnie124 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 10:53 AM
    What to wear to backyard wedding?
    What is the appropriate attire to wear to an outdoor early evening wedding?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Assuming it will be during warm weather, a sundress and sandals for women (flats or wedges as heels will sink into the grass) and slacks and a dress shirt for men. If the ceremony is in a church, then the men should wear jacket and tie and remove them before the reception.
    Diane Carol Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Aug 7, 2008, 11:36 AM
    That would depend. It could be anything from blue jeans and a sweatshirt to formal attire.
    It all comes down to what kind of wedding reception the bride and groom have arranged.

A clue might be what kind of financial circle the bride's parents travel in. If he's the president of a corporation... large or small, they might insist on formal.
    Can you find out if the wedding is going to be with all the bells and whistles... bridesmaids, flower girl, and so on and so on, then you can assume a formal gown is expected; pant suits are out; men in tux or at least suits and ties.

Are you close to either bride or groom. Do you know or associate with anyone close to them. You could call up and ask.

You certainly don't want to show up looking like a penguin and be met at the door by a guy who's just stepped off his motorcycle.
    khenry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 11:39 AM
    I have been to two outdoor weddings this year. The first was small with only the parents, best man, and Matron of Honor. They just wore dress clothes and dresses. The second was a formal wedding with the Groom and party in tuxedos and the Bride in a Wedding dress and others in matching dresses. It really depends on what you would like to do.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 06:35 PM
    I would wear a rather dressy sundress.

Something like these styles are nice

Spiegel | Product Page

Womens Career Dresses at metrostyle.com
    dolores1963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 08:50 PM
    I went to a back yard wedding in June and wore a black wrap dress ( I am from NYC and we always wear black) with silver wedge sandals. My date wore a shirt, tie and trousers. A summery sun dress with sandals would fit in even if it was casual. I would not recommend wearing high heels as they will sink in the grass

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to wear to backyard wedding? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the appropriate attire to an outdoor early evening wedding?

What do you wear for a courthouse wedding? [ 9 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are planning on eloping and I was wondering what is proper to wear to this type of ceremony? We have a very small budget and there won't be too many people there(just some family). It's just going to be short and sweet. I have been married once before and I just don't want to have...

What do I wear to this wedding? [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to a 6:30 p.m. December wedding in Charleston, SC, that is black tie/evening dress unifrom invited. What kind of dress should I wear?

Wear of headgear at Army wedding [ 1 Answers ]

I've checked AR 670-1 (Army Reg) and found that the beret is worn with the dress green uniform before retreat. I can't find anything that says whether the beret is worn (by the groom) for a midday wedding. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

What is proper wear for a 4pm wedding. [ 3 Answers ]

My husband got an invitation from a cousin in California who is getting Married in September. The wedding is to be a 4pm wedding outdoors with an outdoor reception to follow. The only suggestion about attire was that ladies wear flats and not heals as the ground is fairly soft. What would be...

View more questions Search