Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mominquestion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Tough love for son and daughter-in law
    I have a young adult son whose married with a child, he recently became incarcerated, but is due out soon, they live with us (spouse & siblings), however we no longer wish for them to live with us, however neither is employed, she receives disability. They have no where else to live and he has to find employment, but they need to leave asap in addition, my spouse does not want them with us not a minute more and I am stressed as to what I need to do. The wife has a legal situation that needs to be cleared up before she can become employed. In addition, they no longer have any transportation and I cannot and will not become their cheuffeur. There is no arguing in my home and I'd like to keep it that way, but my spouse as well as I no longer trust them. I have no problem assisting them (not monetarily) but with finding or directing them to finding an apartmentment, but of course that can't happen without a job, I have been looking at areas where they can have access to the transit system in order to get around. They are both young, but my son made some very poor judgement decision that not only affected his life, but the entire family and we are just tired of it. They have been with us for 6 months.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mominquestion
    I have a young adult son whose married with a child, he recently became incarcerated, but is due out soon, they live with us (spouse & siblings), however we no longer wish for them to live with us, however neither is employed, she receives disability. They have no where else to live and he has to find employment, but they need to leave asap in addition, my spouse does not want them with us not a minute more and I am stressed as to what I need to do. The wife has a legal situation that needs to be cleared up before she can become employed. In addition, they no longer have any transportation and I cannot and will not become their cheuffeur. There is no arguing in my home and I'd like to keep it that way, but my spouse as well as I no longer trust them. I have no problem assisting them (not monetarily) but with finding or directing them to finding an apartmentment, but of course that can't happen without a job, I have been looking at areas where they can have access to the transit system in order to get around. They are both young, but my son made some very poor judgement decision that not only affected his life, but the entire family and we are just tired of it. they have been with us for 6 months.

If you are in the US they are invited guests and you will have to evict them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tough, Tough, Sport. Respect Is Due [ 2 Answers ]

This sport is very tough. I have always had much respect for triathletes. I would love to discuss the sport further with the athletes themselves.

This may be a tough one [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm not too sure what the song is about or how some of the lyrics go but I know it has "mashadamio" in it. I'm not sure if I spelt it right but it means sweetheart, but if anybody knows what song has "mashadamio" in it, it would be great help, and if I can get more info on it I'll be...

My daughter, sexually abused, has a love/hate relationsip with me [ 11 Answers ]

Hello My daughter, now in her mid 20's, was sexually abused by a family friend when she was very young, and she and her brother used to stay with them and play with their children. I have given my daughter all the love and support I can. My trouble is that the wife of this man knew of...

Tough one... maybe... [ 7 Answers ]

This may be a tough one. I have a Florida drivers license. While on my honeymoon in Maui I got a DUI. I lost my driving privileges initially for one year but we got it down to 90 days. I currently live in San Diego, CA. My question is how do I get my license reinstated after the 90 days is up....

Tough Love? [ 63 Answers ]

Recently we have seen many younger posters take exception to the blunt language or criticism of some of the answers to there post. My question is should we as experts be able to tell it like it is or down tone our opinions to accommodate their sensibilities? My opinion is that whatever answers...

View more questions Search